THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jun 07, 2006, 9:17pm   #21
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Shredder man, if you have 100 in chips after betting preflop on a "coinflip" hand (sorry for using that term) it might as well be a preflop all-in coinflip. If you had 2500 in chips and started capping with this guy and so on and so forth and got your money in on the flop or turn (instead of preflop) then of course you didn't lose your chips on a coinflip.

Think of it this way: 99% of your chips go in when its 53/47. 1% when its 97/3. Which is the determining action? I'd say its 53/47, in which case you're asking us to consider how bad it is to lose your stack when you're a 53% favourite. Can you really call that a bad beat?

THAT is why we're all treating it as a coinflip situation. Sorry dude, when you're a little more experienced you'll understand its nothing personal. Ex. and I have disagreed in the past but you'll notice we agree on this one, so its an issue of the numbers and the play, not us disliking you or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 07, 2006, 9:17pm   #22
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn
and the bit about my mother was constructive in what way?
okay, so did your mother never say that to you? mine did, as i'm sure many mothers out there have said to there siblings on many occaisions throughout history.

i'm sure fathers, grandparents, uncles aunties have said it to.

would you like to report me now for having a go at your whole family
shredder91 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2006, 9:20pm   #23
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM
Shredder man, if you have 100 in chips after betting preflop on a "coinflip" hand (sorry for using that term) it might as well be a preflop all-in coinflip. If you had 2500 in chips and started capping with this guy and so on and so forth and got your money in on the flop or turn (instead of preflop) then of course you didn't lose your chips on a coinflip.

Think of it this way: 99% of your chips go in when its 53/47. 1% when its 97/3. Which is the determining action? I'd say its 53/47, in which case you're asking us to consider how bad it is to lose your stack when you're a 53% favourite. Can you really call that a bad beat?

THAT is why we're all treating it as a coinflip situation. Sorry dude, when you're a little more experienced you'll understand its nothing personal. Ex. and I have disagreed in the past but you'll notice we agree on this one, so its an issue of the numbers and the play, not us disliking you or anything.
i refer you to the post above regarding the term 'bad beat' technically, i am right and i will defend my post until i'm blue in the face (or i have posted 100 times and i can get the e-book)

And as for the 'little more experienced' bit, i'm experienced plenty thank you.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 9:29pm   #24
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder91
Quote:

i refer you to the post above regarding the term 'bad beat' technically, i am right and i will defend my post until i'm blue in the face (or i have posted 100 times and i can get the e-book)

Ok. If you define the terms the way you want to then its cool - you got bad beat. But, couldn't I just make up my own definition? For example, saying a bad beat is when I lose a pot of any size when I was the favourite at any point? Gee, seems like anything can be whatever you want it to be when you define the terms specifically to match what you want to do.

So if you want to say you got bad beat go ahead. I don't think you did, but that's because I'm experienced enough to know that losing in this situation doesn't constitute a real bad beat. However, as you've pointed out, you have sufficient understanding of the game to back up the definition that you've used. To you, this is a bad beat because of your level of experience. I have no doubt you have enough experience to believe what you're written and defend it. Some people with less experience than you won't even know what a bad beat is. So I guess you're right about that.

Perhaps you'd like to see some of my bad beats. According to your definition, I've taken about 1500 bad beats this month. Shall I forward you the hand histories?

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Jun 07, 2006, 9:37pm   #25
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder91
Quote:

Ok. If you define the terms the way you want to then its cool - you got bad beat. But, couldn't I just make up my own definition? For example, saying a bad beat is when I lose a pot of any size when I was the favourite at any point? Gee, seems like anything can be whatever you want it to be when you define the terms specifically to match what you want to do.

So if you want to say you got bad beat go ahead. I don't think you did, but that's because I'm experienced enough to know that losing in this situation doesn't constitute a real bad beat. However, as you've pointed out, you have sufficient understanding of the game to back up the definition that you've used. To you, this is a bad beat because of your level of experience. I have no doubt you have enough experience to believe what you're written and defend it. Some people with less experience than you won't even know what a bad beat is. So I guess you're right about that.

Perhaps you'd like to see some of my bad beats. According to your definition, I've taken about 1500 bad beats this month. Shall I forward you the hand histories?
please do, my email address is ireallydontgiveadamn@thrillme.com

and please stop talking about my 'experience, you have no idea what experience i have.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 10:06pm   #26
TWLLM

You're playing $5 SNGs and complaining about this 'bad beat'.

I can ballpark it.

Quote:
Old Jun 07, 2006, 10:14pm   #27
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
You're playing $5 SNGs and complaining about this 'bad beat'.

I can ballpark it.
i'm not complaining, i take it as it comes. i didn't like the way the hand panned out, trust me i didn't lose any sleep over it.

i play at this level because i win at this level, i don't have the time or the inclination to spend all my days playing poker....its a hobby for a bit of extra pocket money.

i probably should move up levels but i'm happy where i am.

i played for three or four years a while back, then stopped and have only recently taken it up again....the game has changed from when i used to play
Old Jun 07, 2006, 11:03pm   #28
TWLLM

That's fine dude. No reason why you have to play high stakes. Lots of money to be made wherever you make it and thats cool.

But you clearly aren't that experienced if you're bothering to post this hand. I've probably lost at least a thousand hands like this, if not several. The reason is that I've played several hundred thousand hands online.

Now, when you lose to 4 989 to 1 beats in 20k hands we can talk.

Quote: