THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:47am   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Tried a stop and go...

I was in a .02/.05 NL home game tonight with a few friends, and as usual I was getting quite the cold cards. Since I had folded around 10 hands in a row, I figured if I got involved in a hand, it would seem credible. I felt adventerous and raised .15 on the button with 2,3o.

The two players to my left folded which was nice because one of them was really loose. The only call I got was from the cutoff, who had been bluffed off of a few big hands earlier on in the game. I put my cards down on the table, knowing that I was probably not going to look at them again.

The flop was Qd, 4h and 8d. My opponent bet 2 thirds of the pot, and I called just to see if a good bluffing card would come up on the turn. The Ad was next and my opponent bet half the pot and I stared at the board for a bit. I wanted to represent the flush, so I just checked to make it look like a slowplay.

I did this because just about any time someone at our table was making hands, they played it cool and made their value bets on the later streets, in hopes to disguise it.

The river was an innocent 6c, and my opponent only bet something like one sixth of the pot. It didn't make any sense to me and I figured it was a sign of weakness. I bet out slightly more than the pot, and he thought for about five seconds before folding.

I showed him my 2,3 and he showed me his pair of queens with a seven. The pot was decent but it felt pretty good to try a move that I usually don't use, especially not online.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:09pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that was a nice play.
Quote:
I figured if I got involved in a hand, it would seem credible.
That's the key here, IMO. You're not using these kind of moves online, because 9 times out of 10, they don't work...
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote