THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:19pm   #1
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82
Default PLO8 bad beat....

So I entered what I thought was a $33 PLO8 tourney on Party, only to find out once it popped up that it was rebuy. Normally I would consider this to be a bit over my head, but seeing as I couldn't unregister, I decided to play it optimally. After putting in $165 (Party rakes the rebuys, lame), we were down to 3 tables, with 2 tables paying out. I had an average stack and had just moved to a new table. In late position I picked up A4J6 suited to the ace. Certainly no monster, but I tend to play pretty aggressive in pot limit when it's folded to me in late position.

I bet the pot and all fold to the bb who calls. Flop comes KJ5, one of my suit. BB checks and I have to decide between checking, betting 1/2-2/3 the pot, or betting the pot. In retrospect, betting the pot would have been the way to go, but I end up betting 1/2 the pot. BB thinks for a second and goes all in. At this point 1/2 of my chips are in the pot. I'm sick, because I know exactly what he's doing, a standard resteal. I agonize for a bit, but slowly gain confidence that I have the best hand with the pair of jacks. I decide that the chances I'm ahead are too good to fold with the price I'm getting, so I call and he turns over AQ67.

Turn is a 3 of hearts, giving me the low draw, the flush draw and an open ended straight draw.

River is an offsuit T.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!