THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 08, 2006, 2:40pm   #1
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard
Default $5.5 SnG Site Recommendation

Can anybody recommend a site that does $5.5 SnGs that isn't PokerRoom or PokerStars please.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 08, 2006, 3:05pm   #2
jgtIII
Brunson

jgtIII

Bodog gives you a 10% up front bonus (you can NOT cash out your deposit until you clear the requirements) that is 100% rakeback for SNGs. They have a lot of bad players, but their SNG structure plays more like a turbo.

Have not played a lot of SNGs at Party, but they seem to be soft. I usually play a few to try and work up their no deposit restricted bonus to a decent amount before trying to clear it in ring games. EDIT: Just re-read your post. Rake for $5 SNGs at Party is $1 (20%,) if you don't have the bankroll for the $10 ones, I would suggest somewhere else.

Those are the only others I have played besides Stars and PokerRoom skins (if you have a 5X bonus, it's 100% rakeback at Ongame.)
Old Jul 08, 2006, 7:24pm   #3
MuyTheRat
Grinder

MuyTheRat
Send a message via AIM to MuyTheRat

I just started playing at full tilt, and the games seem soft as hell to me. There are some alright players, but there are always 2-3 people who want to be AI in the first couple hands it seems.
MuyTheRat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2006, 11:54am   #4
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies fellas. I dloaded each of these sites and I think I'll deposit my BR with FT for the time being despite the fact that it looks like hell. What I didn't like about Bodog was the way you access the HH a la PokerRoom (why can't all sites have the same system as 'Stars) and the fact that it resized the screen on my old monitor. It's pretty hard to clear sign up bonuses playing $5.5 SnGs but I liked the fact that FT release the bonus in stages. What I don't like about FT (did I mention it looked like shite?) was the fact that there are 9 players per table and not 10 like 'Stars which at low stake SnGs means one less donk at the table of course the prize money being a bit lower. Bodog's customer support were very helpful when I had some sign up problems but to be honest I don't think I should have had any sign up problems.

Cheers.

Quote:
Old Jul 18, 2006, 5:37pm   #5
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity (actually seven days) to receive my cash out from PokerRoom I tried to deposit into FT with my debit card but unfortunately it wasn't accepted. I'm not about to start using my credit card (I don't need the temptation) or an ewallet (because of the charges) so FT became a non option.

After a lot of time spent looking at BonusWhores and dloading various sites I've ended up depositing at UB. I could use my debit card, it has 50c fee on $5 SnGs (I didn't realise how many sites charged $1) and a casual, low stakes SnG player friendly 100% deposit bonus. It looks like crap and I'd say the player interface is pretty poor compared to somewhere like 'Stars but what the hey.

What impressed me most about UB is the way they work their deposit bonus. Basically I'm refunded 20% of the fee I pay for any SnG straight away. This means I don't have to rush to clear a bonus which is incredibly hard playing $5.5 SnGs. So at the moment I'm paying $5.40, hopefully soon $10.80 (I'm on the cusp of being BR'd properly for $10 games) and possibly $21.60 sometime in the future for my SnGs.

This will carry on indefinitely or until I reach the amount I've deposited in rake back (I think indefinitely might be the shorter timespan). Maybe worth considering for anybody still paying a $1 fee, just think of the increase in your ROI!

Quote: