THE FORUMS


German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Limit Hold'em and Miscellaneous Strategy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:59pm   #31
acehole_76
I found Kc...............
 
acehole_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: now bring back northview
Posts: 7,632
Reputation: 2310
acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
I mean I continue to see this day after day where players in NL ring games will call 5, 10, 15x BB raises preflop with hands like A6 (suited or not) or J7 and I can't understand how these players think.
Let answer this with a story. I am playing at Bellagio the 600 buy in table. I have a major rush and leave with almost 7000. I decide to go up to the high limit section (not the glass enclosed room just the one up the stairs). Now how I got there and what I did there are fun stories, but they are for another time. At my table is Scott Fishmen and behind me at the other table is Huck Seed. Now I played very few hands (not my normal style) and just watched the action. At the other table a guy raised at least 5XBB UTG and Huck called from the button. Flop was 7d 3c 2d OR(orginal raiser) leads out and bets and he is raised, he calls. Turn 3d OR checks Huck bets OR called. Last card Kd this time OR puts a larger then pot sized bet out and Huck moves in. OR calls and flips up Ad Ah Huck has 73o. If this happend at your table you would call him a Donkey.

But as Gus Hansen says thats playin some poker .
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
obviously, it's always my fault whenever anyone does anything stupid around here.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:15am   #32
BaseMC
Brunson
 
BaseMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 114
Reputation: 0
BaseMC
Send a message via MSN to BaseMC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76
Quote:
I mean I continue to see this day after day where players in NL ring games will call 5, 10, 15x BB raises preflop with hands like A6 (suited or not) or J7 and I can't understand how these players think.
Let answer this with a story. I am playing at Bellagio the 600 buy in table. I have a major rush and leave with almost 7000. I decide to go up to the high limit section (not the glass enclosed room just the one up the stairs). Now how I got there and what I did there are fun stories, but they are for another time. At my table is Scott Fishmen and behind me at the other table is Huck Seed. Now I played very few hands (not my normal style) and just watched the action. At the other table a guy raised at least 5XBB UTG and Huck called from the button. Flop was 7d 3c 2d OR(orginal raiser) leads out and bets and he is raised, he calls. Turn 3d OR checks Huck bets OR called. Last card Kd this time OR puts a larger then pot sized bet out and Huck moves in. OR calls and flips up Ad Ah Huck has 73o. If this happend at your table you would call him a Donkey.

But as Gus Hansen says thats playin some poker .
Well 73o is a strange hand to play but what the OP meant is that A7o, J3o etc are ugly hands to play I think... A 7 is kind of a weak kicker and I think the point was that these people either don't care whether they could be dominated (by an A9 ... ) or they think that things are good as long as they hold an Ace.
But when you play 73o you're playing for something different than a pair of kings, aces, jacks or similar. You either hit the board or you (try to) bluff...
I for example hardly ever play big cards cuz I never know where I'm standing. I prefer playing small connectors and pocket pairs and when I turn over 3c3s a full house threes full of deuces the people with A7 who bet on the ace on a A 3 2 J 2 board usually call me a donkey... It's all about the point of view...
__________________
-godsent-
We do not understand you.
BaseMC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:08pm   #33
KS_Perfection
Professional
 
KS_Perfection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,609
Reputation: 95
KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough
Default

I imagine that Seed could tell that Mr. AA had a monster and that if he hit 2 pair or more the guy wouldn't be able to get away from it and he'd bust him.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:58am   #34
acehole_76
I found Kc...............
 
acehole_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: now bring back northview
Posts: 7,632
Reputation: 2310
acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
I imagine that Seed could tell that Mr. AA had a monster and that if he hit 2 pair or more the guy wouldn't be able to get away from it and he'd bust him
Yeah after teh guy lest shaking his head someone at the table said damn Huck you got him first and the laughed. So I dont think the respected his play.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
obviously, it's always my fault whenever anyone does anything stupid around here.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:13pm   #35
cool cat
Brunson
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nomad
Posts: 139
Reputation: 0
cool cat
Default

dude i had a guy call me down to the river with pocket 3's
when theres an ace on the board and im holdind two more
made me $15 i had to ask im if he thought he had a hand
__________________
who said you had to be right not to be wrong?
cool cat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 4:04pm. vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.