THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Sep 08, 2006, 9:11pm   #1
bmarts
Brunson

bmarts
Default KK with Axx flop... how do you react?

The topic pretty much says.m interested mainly in how what has to happen for you to lay the KK down... when are you sure you're beat?
Here are the scenarios:
You raised preflop from EP and got a) aone call b) a reraise which you call.
After the flop you toss out a cbet (perhaps on the large end... say 2/3 the pot) and are a) called b) mini raised c) raised by almost the size of the pot.

How would you play this out?

Or:

you are in LP there are many limpers, you bet to cut down the field... 2 ppl stick around with you.

After the flop it is a) checked to you b) bet and called (small or big bets) c) bet and raised d) checked and bet
How do you handle this situation...
thanks for any and all input :-)
bmarts est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 08, 2006, 10:50pm   #2
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

The first one can not be answered, because a mistake has already happened. If you rasie with KK and get called a rerasied you should rasie so much the table should shift with the girth of you chips moving into the middle.

The second one rasie more to thin the field, but lets say 2 still stick around.

a. bet 1/2 the pot

b. fold

c. fold

d. fold

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2006, 11:15pm   #3
Kaishaku
Beautiful Blue Wild Beast

Kaishaku has a spectacular aura aboutKaishaku has a spectacular aura about

Same here for first part,

2nd, a) I would bet the pot, even overbet. It also depends on your reads = if i know they are morons who love to call any raise with Arags in EP, I would be very carefull. (And if they are thight aggressive players, i would be agressive to push them out)

b) also depends on reads, but I would go for a raise, and if I'm called, check/ fold the turn / river

c) Enough for me....I fold here

d) I would go for a raise, but if I'm called, that's a check fold on the turn / river

Just my opinion
Free to correct me if I'm wrong

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
Richard P. Feynman

Last edited by Kaishaku; Sep 08, 2006 at 11:22pm.
Kaishaku est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2006, 11:34pm   #4
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

You really need a read on folks. First thing first. Get a Hud and learn how to use it.

Please don't tell Axis I said this.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:23am   #5
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
You really need a read on folks. First thing first. Get a Hud and learn how to use it.

Please don't tell Axis I said this.

I thought you were going to respond to me Jimmy..

Also that must be for the second part, becasue I know you arent smooth calling before flop with KK so the first question you cant answer.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old Sep 09, 2006, 12:26am   #6
acehole_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaishaku View Post
Same here for first part,

2nd, a) I would bet the pot, even overbet. It also depends on your reads = if i know they are morons who love to call any raise with Arags in EP, I would be very carefull. (And if they are thight aggressive players, i would be agressive to push them out)

b) also depends on reads, but I would go for a raise, and if I'm called, check/ fold the turn / river

c) Enough for me....I fold here

d) I would go for a raise, but if I'm called, that's a check fold on the turn / river

Just my opinion
Free to correct me if I'm wrong
Once a A comes in a rag pot I dont take alot of heat in a cash game. Just no real upside. One thing the way I play I get alot more slowplaying agianst me then a normal TAG player would. Must players do not play Ax against my raises, at micro well jsut fold they wont fold Ax to a rerasie, but you will break them for that sin later.

Kc
Old Sep 09, 2006, 8:07am   #7
bmarts
Brunson

bmarts

Thanks everyone...
OK so in the first case, you rase and got reraised you should probably push is that right?
but still the other possebility in the first example still stands out. You raise and simply get called... what happens here?

You raised preflop from EP and got one call.
After the flop you toss out a cbet (perhaps on the large end... say 2/3 the pot) and are a) called b) mini raised c) raised by almost the size of the pot.
bmarts est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2006, 9:29am   #8
Kaishaku
Beautiful Blue Wild Beast

Kaishaku has a spectacular aura aboutKaishaku has a spectacular aura about

I understand your point Acehole_76. For me, this situation is read dependent. ...that's why i would be very cautious. (i didn't said to go allin ). I would try to defend my hand anyway, but i'm ready to fold since the A is here (even if I would be more worry of a small set than the A...) at micro some of this guys are calling with every two cards and bet their draw like the nuts, so it worths a raise. If they check the turn to you, you could try something, and fold on a raise...

a) I bet the pot, and if I'm called, I may try to bet 1/2 pot on the turn if i know the player is loose or weak, but I would check/ fold most of the time.
b) fold
c) fold.

Again, that's only my 2cents.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
Richard P. Feynman
Kaishaku est déconnecté   Reply With Quote