THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 07, 2006, 4:44pm   #1
bmarts
Brunson

bmarts
Default Betting when on a draw?

Hey guys...
Just wanted to ask how you go about betting when you've seen the flop and have say draw to the nut flush.
Under what circumstances would you bet this and how much?
Lets take various senarios as examples.
No. 1 multiway pot on the button unspectacular flop, low cards but you have a flush draw.. its checked around to you. Do you bet?
No.2 3 or 4 ppl in the pot you are in middle position. Its checked to you...
No. 3 you are in EP with 2 ppl more to act... say the flop has 2 low cards and a K or something like that. Would you bet out here as a semi bluff?
thanks everony
bmarts est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 07, 2006, 5:01pm   #2
rcb17
Grinder

rcb17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcb17 Send a message via Skype™ to rcb17

I usualy shy away from betting on a draw in NL. In limit I will bet because there's so little chance to load the pot up if it hits.

If I do not have a hand made, and I have a guaranteed opportunity to see a free card, I take it. So for scenario 1 I check.

For scenario 2, I check as well. If someone else bets, and the bet is reasonable and the pot odds and implied odds support it, I'll call. If someone overbets, I'll have to see at least 1 other caller before I consider calling myself, and again it's an odds call. If a bet is raised before it gets back to me, I'm out. Someone was laying a trap and I'll let them get someone else's chips.

Scenario 3 you are in terrible position, there is absolutely no reason to bet IMO here. Same thought process as in scenario 2.

A little passive for sure. But I count money saved similar to money won. The onyl times I'd switch up is if I had a big stack compared to the others in the hand. Then I may try and bully, but not against more than 2 people max. Probably only against a single opponent really.

Michigan WHO? 34-32!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rBzoXqCEnA

Last edited by rcb17; Sep 07, 2006 at 5:40pm.
rcb17 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2006, 5:36pm   #3
rickey
Doyle Look-alike

rickey

This is assuming ace-little suited and 6-max. So only one over card plus the flush draw

1. Yes and no. I'm most likely in this pot in the first place because I raised PF, so I'm throwing out a c-bet. In the case were I called a raise PF I check it along.

2. Yes and no. If I came in for a raise PF I c-bet. If I called a raise PF I check it along.

3. I'll assume the other 2 players limped and I'm in this pot from one of the blinds and limped/checked, I check it. I may check-raise here if a bet seems weak. In the case where I raised PF UTG and have two callers behind me, I check it.
rickey est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2006, 5:58pm   #4
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Nothing worse than making a nut flush and not getting paid. If I have a nut draw on an unpaired board I am gonna bet it unless I am playing with people that will slam you up against the wall.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2006, 6:06pm   #5
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Yes, a pot/maybe bigger sized bet if I am raised I will move it AI

2. I would check and call any reasonable bet/might check raise but I doubt it.

3. I will assume I am a blind I will check call the flop then check raise the turn no matter if I get there or not.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2006, 6:17pm   #6
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Pokerstove says that if I have Axclubs on a Kxclubclub board against 3 good starting hands (22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo) I have 35% pot equity so if I don't have a reason not to bet I should.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:30pm   #7
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
Nothing worse than making a nut flush and not getting paid. If I have a nut draw on an unpaired board I am gonna bet it unless I am playing with people that will slam you up against the wall.
Getting check raised when the board pairs and that sinking feeling that some git has out drawn you.
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:00am   #8
noone
Brunson

noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb17 View Post
In limit I will bet because there's so little chance to load the pot up if it hits.
The other reason to bet out on the button in FL is that even if you don't hit, if you bet the flop there's a fair chance it will be checked around to you again on the turn, and then you can check and see the river for free (so-called "free card bet"). Actually half-price -- you are getting to the river for one small bet on the flop to save having to call a large bet on the turn.