THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:07pm   #1
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

wizard210 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wizard210
Default Call or live to fight another day?

Playing a SH .05 - .10 ring the other night.

Table has been pretty loose since I've sat down. Other players playing anything SC, any suited cards, etc....

I'm sitting in BB with AQs ($8.20)

UTG goes all in for ($9.80). Folded around to me.

A little history on UTG. The last three or four orbits he has taken some bad beats and went from $15 down to his current money. I put him on having a little bit of the tilts. Even before the bad beats he was playing some loose hands. I've seen him show down with J2h, 67d, K5c, A2s, etc

My question should I call the all-in or live to fight another day.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 13, 2006, 1:54pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Hm. I'd probably fold this, thinking he has a pocket pair and not wanting to risk my stack on a coinflip against some guy whose money I will have plenty of opportunity to take. On the other hand, if you think he's doing this with any two paint or suited connectors, or crap like K5, call by all means.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:24pm   #3
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

No, can't call. Not in a cash game. Period.

You have to have more than mere suspicion to call.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:29pm   #4
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Fold. Jimmy, we agree on folding? Hmmm let me rethink this, no fold. If he is on tilt you will have lots of chances to break him.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:41pm   #5
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

Well I didn't fold. My thought process was busting him well he was near tilt. I had him trying to make a move with rags. Bad read I guess.

He flipped over pocket eights which held up. Next time I'll remember such situations and fold.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:04pm   #6
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd probably fold this, thinking he has a pocket pair
I'm so good..

Quote:
- jimmytrick
Quote:
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:53pm   #7
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

DoubleU are you saying my call wasn't justified with the read I had on the guy giving you the recent history of the table?
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:02pm   #8
DoubleU
Calling station #1

Hm. I guess that depends on what you mean by "seen him show down with J2h, 67d, K5c, A2s". If he's been pushing with these hands, and then showing them when everyone folded, your call was justified. If he was simply playing these hands, that doesn't tell me a whole lot. I play 67d sometimes, if the circumstances are right. Don't we all? I'm just saying that it seems likely to me that he has a low pocket pair. I see people pushing low pockets pre-flop plenty of times at low limits. Then I'd look at my AQs and throw it away. Why risk your stack on a coinflip, against a guy who's probably on tilt? There'll be better opportunities to take his money...

Quote:
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:13pm   #9
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

He had bluffed with those hands, as well as, play them clear to the end with significant raises in front of him. I agree though not to risk my stack on a coinflip. All though in this situation I felt I had the better hand even with him going all in preflop.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:29pm   #10
rickey
Doyle Look-alike

rickey

Easy fold. If he does a normal PF raise then AQ is good for a reraise, but calling an all in for 80+ BB leaves you no room to outplay him. If either of you had about 30BB then AQ is good for an all in call.
rickey est déconnecté   Reply With Quote