THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:17pm   #1
sflowers12000
Flop Artist

sflowers12000 is on a distinguished road
Default ****My first Royal****

Last night I went to play at one of my local bars that had free tournament poker. I play online for money a lot so these things are really hard for an avid player to play in due to the sheer amount of ignorance at the table. Anyway, we started about 7:00, and in an hour and a 1/2, I folded EVERYTHING that I saw.

We started with $500 in chips and the blinds had hit me twice. So by this point I was down to $425 i think. Finally, at a little after 8:30, I look down at KQc. Ok, not the best hand but I was one off the button and decided to put a bet out of an even $200. I think the blinds were 20/40 at the time. I get 2 callers, 1 was all-in for about $100 and the other guy had me covered.

The flop come 10c Kh 6d. It get checked to me by the guy who has me covered and I move all-in with my remaining $225. He calls. Everyone turns there cards over. The guy that only had $100 has AKo. So by this point I'm way behind already. The guy that had me covered had AQo . So all he needed was an A for a pair higher than me, or a J for a straight. I'm not feeling too good about my cards right now.

The turn brings the Ac, so now the short stack caught his two-pair, the other guy caught his pair of Aces and I'm even more behind. However, I do have a flush draw and/or a Jack for a straight.

Then the miracle card, the Jc !!! I couldn't believe it . At first all I noticed was the flush, then after a second glance I saw the truth.

I've never had one before and being the greedy SOB that I am, all I can think is, "Damn, why couldn't this have been in a real money game!!!"

Oh well. Sorry so long. Just needed to share.
sflowers12000 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:08pm   #2
ktownmatti
Doyle Look-alike

ktownmatti is on a distinguished road

NH... like you said, too bad it wasn't at a real money table...
ktownmatti est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:24pm   #3
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I've never had one before and being the greedy SOB that I am, all I can think is, "Damn, why couldn't this have been in a real money game!!!"
Lol, Im sure when the hands were shown you were really glad it wasn't real money.

I put the hands in the simulator:
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Kc Qc 116 12.85 768 85.05 19 2.10 0.139
Ad Kh 622 68.88 261 28.90 20 2.21 0.700
As Qd 138 15.28 750 83.06 15 1.66 0.161

Whats interesting is after I insert the turn card your odds go up to 21%, one of your opponent goes to 71% and the other is 0%. It doesn't matter whether I insert a Jc or Ac, the odds are excatly the same, its just a different guy who's drawing dead.

Last edited by KS_Perfection; Sep 29, 2006 at 6:27pm.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:01pm   #4
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first royal last night but didn't think I should start a new post about it so I'll post here. I was dealt J-Qc in early position on Paradise. I raised and got 1 caller. I flopped the royal, which I almost didn't believe was real, and promptly checked. After the turn I bet (limit) and my opponent figured he would push me off of my hand and raised and re-raised. My bet on the flop was only called. I unfortunately gave back all of those winnings in a later game. Oh well... It only took me 36 years to get my first royal flush. I spent the rest of the night in anticipation of seeing another one come up, as if...
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote