THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:09am   #1
SirAnthony
Brunson

SirAnthony
Default It's not the bad beat. It's the effort put into it that kills

I'm not complaining. I'm doing kinda ok. But I'm in this tourney and theres this guy who is playing 60% of his hands. But he doesn't seem to be all that bad. He plays alot of hands and bets agressive when he senses weaknes and sometimes he has a hand. Plus some players just give him thier chips because they think he has nothing. So I watch this guy hopeing to get my chance. For a long time this guy just owns everyone. Winning hand after hand. Then this happens.

***** Hand History for Game 5280720639 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:29422104 Level:6 Blinds(200/400) - Saturday, September 30, 04:44:06 ET 2006
Table $10K Gtd.(850793) Table #23 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: SirAntony ( $9579 )
Seat 2: Dobies ( $11922 )
Seat 7: Cayrootoo ( $4113 )
Seat 4: PocketJax4me ( $15837 )
Seat 6: mo_methane ( $20894 )
Seat 8: ichthyophagous ( $16876 )
Seat 3: clay739 ( $18533 )
Seat 10: liquidiguana ( $21944 )
Seat 5: SBsupplies ( $9300 )
Seat 9: cdads ( $8949 )
Trny:29422104 Level:6
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SirAntony [ 8s 8h ]
Cayrootoo folds.
ichthyophagous folds.
cdads folds.
liquidiguana folds.
SirAntony calls [400].
Dobies folds.
clay739 folds.
PocketJax4me raises [1400].
SBsupplies folds.
mo_methane folds.
SirAntony calls [1000].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, 4c, Jd ]
SirAntony checks.
PocketJax4me bets [2000].
SirAntony raises [4806].
PocketJax4me calls [2806].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Th ]
SirAntony is all-In.
PocketJax4me calls [3373].
** Dealing River ** [ Ad ]
SirAntony shows [ 8s, 8h ] three of a kind, eights.
PocketJax4me shows [ Ac, As ] three of a kind, aces.
PocketJax4me wins 19758 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, aces.
Player SirAntony finished in 238 place

The guy says "thats rough". Ya thanks for sharing. This didn't even bother me that much because it's gotten to where i've seen this happen so many times. It's like you cocentrate for 2 hours and you make the perfect play at the perfect time and fate steps in and says no. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
SirAnthony est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 30, 2006, 1:59pm   #2
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Pocket 8's are weak and you may have known that when you were raised pre-flop, so a fold wouldn't have been out of the question. So many players put so much stock in pairs but give me K-J anyday.

Is there no better feeling than hitting trips on the flop?

Is there no worse feeling than being all-in and watching your opponents hand hit his only out that will beat you?
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:14pm   #3
HustlinMuzik
River Rat

HustlinMuzik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to HustlinMuzik

Yeah, I pay no attention to their chip count, I play Tight till Level 4, then turn aggressive to get my share of blinds. Kind of throws them off a bit.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:46pm   #4
SirAnthony
Brunson

SirAnthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Pocket 8's are weak and you may have known that when you were raised pre-flop, so a fold wouldn't have been out of the question. So many players put so much stock in pairs but give me K-J anyday.

Is there no better feeling than hitting trips on the flop?

Is there no worse feeling than being all-in and watching your opponents hand hit his only out that will beat you?
Ya I knew someone would say something like that. But I had a read. I knew the chances of him having something better than trip 8's were small. I made the right play. I know that. It's just the BB got me thats all.
SirAnthony est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2006, 6:03am   #5
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

They both played the hand well i think, gotta love lady luck
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 8:47pm   #6
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinMuzik View Post
Yeah, I pay no attention to their chip count, I play Tight till Level 4, then turn aggressive to get my share of blinds. Kind of throws them off a bit.

No it doesnt they arent paying attention, if you ditn play one hand of ran hour then moved AI over a raise most players are calling with 88+ also AJ+.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 9:05pm   #7
The Lion
Fish

The Lion is on a distinguished road

yea that is bad luck. I hate waiting for a hand to finally bag the elephant and when you do get the hand, lady luck steps in and you lose. All that patience for nothing.

Well it happens thats why poker is so fun, when you get to be on the other end of the luck.
The Lion est déconnecté   Reply With Quote