THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 09, 2006, 4:59pm   #31
raaabh76
Brunson

raaabh76
Send a message via AIM to raaabh76

One tip not on the list is to avoid opponents that draw three and hit quads twice within 7 hands.

and opponents that draw three to a full house three times in 50 hands.
raaabh76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 09, 2006, 10:00pm   #32
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

The key is to draw three and hit higher quads. Work on that, you'll go far.

I've played a lot of draw over the last week and a half, and I can think of two occasions where kickers mattered. The only time I keep an ace to a pair is when I'm pretty sure I need to make aces up to win the hand.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 8:35am   #33
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post
oh, so your not playing draw now.
Jason1....? You are that Eurodollar-guy, right? Almost forgot about you... Pretty bitchy for a guy playing FL 1/2 since 4 years...
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 1:31pm   #34
AK47
Brunson

AK47

Hi!

I just started playing 5cd and followed the tips in this thread. In about 6 hours i made 95 $ playing 1/2, altough im a total newbie to this game. So thanks a lot for the tips guys! I have got a few questions:

1. If im dealt AK467 in the BB and it is checked to me should i draw 4 or 3 cards?
2. If im dealt J6237 in the BB and it is checked to me should i discard all?
3. Everybody limps to me on the button. What are my raising standards here? Should i raise
KK or QQ?
4. Everybody limps to me on the button. can i limp with a small pair such as 66xxx?
5. I was very careful calling raises. Most of the time mucked hands like QQxxx on the button.
Is this to tight?
6. What BB/100 do you think is possible at 1/2?

Thanks again for the tips!
AK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:25pm   #35
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
Jason1....? You are that Eurodollar-guy, right? Almost forgot about you... Pretty bitchy for a guy playing FL 1/2 since 4 years...

um yeah i suppose.. being i dont live in europe i asked about its currency and a extremely select people on here that dont post here anymore madea big deal like i'm some kind of moron or something... which actually made them look like idiots. i asked someone the other day about the exchange rate of the american, canadian and asutralain dollars becuase I dont live in those two countries eithers... suppose that makes me downright retarded now huh ?

and yeah, i'm playing 1/2 and sometimes 2/4 .. i play those because I'm not rich, so when I get a couple grand in my account being that I'm not a professional player who depends on his roll I like to cash my money out to either help pay bills, buy things aroudn the house I need, or invest with my stock broker which is alot less stressfull and makes me better money and I don't have to do a damn thing for it. After that I make a small deposit back in my poker account and rebuild. Alot of people do this.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:38pm   #36
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
Hi!

I just started playing 5cd and followed the tips in this thread. In about 6 hours i made 95 $ playing 1/2, altough im a total newbie to this game. So thanks a lot for the tips guys! I have got a few questions:

1. If im dealt AK467 in the BB and it is checked to me should i draw 4 or 3 cards?
2. If im dealt J6237 in the BB and it is checked to me should i discard all?
3. Everybody limps to me on the button. What are my raising standards here? Should i raise
KK or QQ?
4. Everybody limps to me on the button. can i limp with a small pair such as 66xxx?
5. I was very careful calling raises. Most of the time mucked hands like QQxxx on the button.
Is this to tight?
6. What BB/100 do you think is possible at 1/2?

Thanks again for the tips!
My opinion:

1. 3 cards

2. heres what I find, if you draw 4 or 5 cards people look upon that as an extreme sign of weekends (because it is) and they will bet into with something as small as a pair of 3's and you ended drawing a pair of Q's and your sitting there wandering "are they picking on me or did they really draw a good/big hand" . So I found it if I draw 3 cards its +EV .... for my style of play.

3. most definately

4. sometimes I do, heck, depending on the table I'll raise sometimes. Thats rare though, I don't reccomend that. But be aware, limping on the button is a sign of weekness and the SB or BB is likely to not allow you to have a free ride and if they raise what are you going to do ?

5. Yeah thats a tricky situation... i mentally record all my oppoents at the table like a video camera in my mind and memorize everything they do... if they have 0 imgination and only raise with 2 pair or more which is very common, then I muck. But if its some maniac... I call. Queens are always tough though.. its like that upper middle pair.

6. well from my personal stats just for an example from when I last cashed out and reset... not counting my PL 5CD, and my $2/$4 FL 5CD stats... just $1/$2 only I am pulling in about 5.62 bb's per 100 at this current time. Thats a little low, I had a bad session a few days ago. I definately feel I can make it higher than that, I also just recently acquired a few new tricks to to increase EV.

had to come back and edit my math, I just finished a pretty long session.

Last edited by Jason1; Oct 16, 2006 at 1:07am.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote