THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:23pm   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default My Absolute Buck Project

When I went on my free-roll bender it left me with little spots of cash all over the place. $5 here, $8 there, etc. I think I have cash in every site on the web sometimes...its kind of funny.

So to the point. I had won a single dollar at Absolute playing a freeroll. One.Measly.Buck.

The fun thing is that Absolute has .5 sng +.1. So I sat down to see what I could do with that one dollar. I hit second place for my first effort. Cool! $1.50. Sat into a second and placed second, again!. Cool!! Then I really buckled in and said to myself: "Self, how far do you think you can take $1?"

Well, I now stand at just a smidgen over $20 now. I multi - table 4 or 5 at a time comfortably. I just wish I had more time away from my regular haunts (where I play for more usual levels) or I'd be curious to see just how far I can build that $1. I suspect that now that I have a good solid foothold, sky is the limit. Just keep pushing the micro limit SNG till I bankroll to the next level, then the next, and next etc. That simplifies it somewhat, but nonetheless.

Moral of my story - if you are just getting started - maybe dont have the cash to put into it on your own - here is a good shot for anyone. Play the absolute poker freerolls. Get yourself into the money. Hit the sit and goes and give your best shot. IT IS POSSIBLE!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:40pm   #2
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

One of my friends started poker this way. He played for play money for ages, then won 70c and later another 80c in a freeroll. He brought that 1.50$ to the 1c/2c limit tables and went on to build a bankroll of 500$ in a couple of months.
This started the poker hipe (500$ is a lot of money for a coledge student in Romania), and got me and a few mutual friends started. One of my friends started out with a 5$ transfer and went on to make his first 10.000$ in 18 months of poker.
A few others started a couple of months ago, and turned a 5$ transfer in a 3.5k or 1k roll.

This all goes to show that a little money can go a long way.
Doza est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:32am   #3
ktownmatti
Doyle Look-alike

ktownmatti is on a distinguished road

Wow, that would be cool if you could build that up to a nice size BR- when asked how much you started out with, you could say 0!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:30pm   #4
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo
Send a message via AIM to oojoe24oo

i started with 100 and im at about 8k. anything can happen
oojoe24oo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote