THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:28pm   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default Flopped a flush

$196 for me to call all in on turn. I folded, would you?

FullTiltPoker Game #1135095932: Table Orange Vale - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:45:17 ET - 2006/10/22
Seat 1: muchdutch33 ($182.90)
Seat 2: Flop Fan ($237.05)
Seat 3: dcowboys92683 ($201.05)
Seat 4: chicagcubs ($417.20)
Seat 5: kizo11 ($250.65)
Seat 6: Acvitt ($53.40), is sitting out
Seat 7: mlsux ($510.45)
Seat 8: SteveTJQKA ($206.05)
Seat 9: joeyjoejr ($343.70)
chicagcubs posts the small blind of $1
kizo11 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [7c 8c]
mlsux calls $2
SteveTJQKA folds
joeyjoejr raises to $7
muchdutch33 folds
Flop Fan folds
dcowboys92683 folds
chicagcubs calls $6
kizo11 folds
mlsux calls $5
*** FLOP *** [Tc Ac 2c]
chicagcubs bets $20
mlsux calls $20
joeyjoejr raises to $60
chicagcubs calls $40
mlsux folds
*** TURN *** [Tc Ac 2c] [6s]
chicagcubs checks
joeyjoejr bets $80
chicagcubs has 15 seconds left to act
chicagcubs raises to $350.20, and is all in
joeyjoejr: nice
joeyjoejr has 15 seconds left to act
joeyjoejr folds

Last edited by joeyjoejoejr; Oct 23, 2006 at 11:53pm.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:33pm   #2
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Definitely not.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:10am   #3
Geth
Professional

Geth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Geth

u already invested 147$ of ur 343$ stack and u have a monster, no way u can fold that
Geth est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:10am   #4
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

No. You're up against a set or AT here more often than a higher flush, I'd say...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:45pm   #5
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv

if I flop a flush and someone else flopped a higher flush, then I'm giving My chips away.

don't see a way out of that hand unless a card like Qc would have fallen on the turn.

I would put him on a set or A10 or TPTK with nutflush draw. also doesn't make sence that he wants to bet you out of the pot with the nuts. Call.

And don't shoot me for this if I'm wrong , but if you folded because it was $196 then I guess you should play on a limit where you feel comfortable with going AI.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:18pm   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafvdv View Post
if I flop a flush and someone else flopped a higher flush, then I'm giving My chips away.
I had this happen 2 times today in a row, just losing 2 buyins. It sucks. 1 time was the same situation like here.

I think it really depends on your opponent what to do. A really strong opponent wouldnt do this without the nuts or a very good read on you. And donks arent playing for hundreds of dollars.

you put in 140$, now its 200$ more to go for a pot of 680$. you would need to win more than 30% of the time. lets say chances he has a higher flush are 50-50, and chances he is to drawing to 10 outs the other 50%, you got roughly 40% at winning this, so calling would be correct.

but a very read depending calculation thou

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:27pm   #7
spalding25
4 betting KT for value

spalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond repute

With the ace on the board I instantly call this on the turn.
spalding25 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:18am   #8
tmp
Flop Artist

tmp

I don't see how you can lay this down when there is no pair on the board. JTs not possible. It's KQs, KJs or QJs but I could not fear those hands enough to lay down my flush. I would say AT, TT, (22?) or AK with the Kc.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:05pm   #9
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

You raised preflop from EP (after a limper) so they are probably giving you credit for an Ace or a pair, none of which are suited with the board. So really they could have flopped two pair or have a set and think it is the best hand. If I limped into the pot this would be an easier fold but now with the way you have played this hand, I would think that they think I have AK and their set of TT's is probably good in their eyes. A weak fold in my book but you might have saved yourself a lot of money.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 3:04pm   #10
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
I think it really depends on your opponent what to do. A really strong opponent wouldnt do this without the nuts or a very good read on you. And donks arent playing for hundreds of dollars.

Um yes there are. There are donkeys at every level...

Once you bet the $80, I think you have to call. Besides if he had a bigger flush I dont think he would of gone AI.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote