THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 24, 2006, 4:36pm   #11
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Who is the donk here? Sure any ace is good in heads-up but that was a dumb raise, especially with only a six and five cards to come.
Are you serious man? If you fold an ace heads up with high blinds everytime someone puts in a raise, you will get crushed. You cant just hand him 150 chips, more than 10% of your stack, anytime he wants. If your reraise range is that small, then your opponent will just raise you with total immunity.

This is called "fold equity". He's not value calling his stack off.

I like the A6 push. I dont see myself ever laying down an ace in that situation. Much better than waiting for AK or JJ and getting all in for 3 BBs.

Last edited by Hustlr; Nov 24, 2006 at 5:35pm.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 24, 2006, 4:38pm   #12
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
Jesus, this thread is a joke. Stop taking it seriously!
I know it's a joke. I just wish the replies were as well
Old Nov 24, 2006, 5:02pm   #13
assitoni
Professional

assitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to assitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
Jesus, this thread is a joke. Stop taking it seriously!
how can say that?This Beat is a lot worser than this worst Beat in poker History

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...+beat+in+poker
assitoni est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 5:04pm   #14
assitoni
Professional

assitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of lightassitoni is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to assitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr View Post
Are you serious? If you fold an ace heads up with high blinds everytime someone puts in a raise, you will get crushed. You cant just hand him 150 chips, more than 10% of your stack, anytime he wants. If your reraise range is that small, then your opponent will just raise you with total immunity.

This called "fold equity". He's not value calling his stack off.

I like the A6 push. I dont see myself ever laying down an ace in that situation. Much better than waiting for AK or JJ and getting all in for 3 BBs.

thats right....i love people who r puTting me on a big hand verytime raise IN HU...when they REALIZE WHAT IM DOING ITS ALMOST TOO LATE FOR THEM
assitoni est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:29pm   #15
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

See what you do hozone???

You make a TERRIBLE call with KJ and now in less than one day you got the whole forum in an argument.

LOLOLOL

priceless.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:36pm   #16
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

oh and the play with A6 was superp.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:16pm   #17
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Quote:
How are they both good plays? KJ raised so A6 should know he is up against something decent. A6 is beat by a pair of deuces at this point or even A7 so his re-raise all-in is not a good play even though he is ahead pre-flop. He is not ahead by much. It is ridiculous to call KJ a "donk" for making that call. I question whether making that reraise and then posting about your opponent being a donk makes you the better candidate for donk status? It's not like you had pocket aces, and even if you did it is not always wise to push all-in with aces since you still would have lost. A6 is a folding hand most of the time. In heads up, depending on how your opponent has been playing, it's either a calling hand or a raising hand. If your opponent is a complete donk then it is an all-in hand. Obviously your opponent was not a complete donk.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:47pm   #18
hozone
Brunson

hozone

geez i didn't expect this hand to get so much exictement. i made the call kid cause u play shit and wait for blinds to go up so you can play push and fold poker!!! i outplayed you bigtime that game. lol

ummmmm i guess if we are going to take these plays seriously, i believe kid's play with A6 was definitely positive +ev. It is a turbo and blinds are already high in comparison to our stacks. As i said blinds are high and I'm on the button so i will be raising with a wide variety of hands. In my opinion you can't fold A6 here.

btw playing heads up is definitely very fun with ppl u know. so i hope we can get a few more going between pokertips memebers on a regular basis.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:29am   #19
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr View Post
Are you serious man? If you fold an ace heads up with high blinds everytime someone puts in a raise, you will get crushed. You cant just hand him 150 chips, more than 10% of your stack, anytime he wants. If your reraise range is that small, then your opponent will just raise you with total immunity.

This is called "fold equity". He's not value calling his stack off.

It's not that I said to fold, but he raised the raise. By pushing all-in over a raise with only A6 isn't exactly the best move. If he was first to act then maybe, but a raise by your opponent should clue you in that he's not playing the 7-2o. Even if the intention was to push off the other player from his hand, it didn't work and a marginal holding got outdrawn. Whether anyone would have done the same thing is not an issue here, as the crux of the post is that the opponent was a donk, when in fact he held a pretty good hand and won with it.

Maybe I read the hand history wrong? I hate those things. And to the guy that highlighted my line saying it's not always wise to push all-in with pocket aces, if you disagree with that statement then I'd love to play you sometime. They get cracked quite often and when your tournament life is at stake or you want to get max value from them, sometimes an all-in is not the best move.

Last edited by Axis of Evil; Nov 25, 2006 at 12:36am.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 1:35am   #20
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Quote:
It's not that I said to fold, but he raised the raise. By pushing all-in over a raise with only A6 isn't exactly the best move.
I get what you're saying, but I just strongly disagree. Folding is weak. Calling and playing A6 out of position for a big pot is weak. I think raising is clearly the best play, which means going all in at this point.

So what's your advice? Just fold? If you are only going to reraise and fight for a pot with the top 2% of your hands in a heads up turbo..... well, good luck..because that's all you are counting on.