THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:24pm   #1
Amphetrion
Flop Artist

Amphetrion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Amphetrion
Default Is 4 of a kind the new 2 pair?

Playing on PokerStars the last few days (mostly $3.40 10 man SnG's) I've been noticing a startling number of four of a kinds, no less than 8 occurences. Just today, I've hit quads 3 times, 2 of which occured in the same 10 man SnG. In all my live play, I've made quads twice. I have nearly doubled that in a very small fraction of the play time. Any thoughts on this? Does anybody know the probability of this happening 3 times in a day? I'm sure it is within the realm of possibility, but it seems strange to me....
Amphetrion est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:39pm   #2
jan80
Flop Artist

jan80 is on a distinguished road

dont we all now that Stars is rigged?

nah, just seems as you were lucky. today, I also got quads twice and last weekend i had 2 Royal Flushs lol. But A Straight Flush just once in my Life

just hope the quads will continue
jan80 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:35pm   #3
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
nah, just seems as you were lucky. today, I also got quads twice and last weekend i had 2 Royal Flushs lol. But A Straight Flush just once in my Life
When I first looked at your reply I thought you were goign to say you had quads twice and both times ran into royal flushs. Now that would be a real cooler.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:01am   #4
chriscorn
Doyle Look-alike

chriscorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Perfection View Post
When I first looked at your reply I thought you were goign to say you had quads twice and both times ran into royal flushs. Now that would be a real cooler.
or strait flush

but yeah, thats what i was figuring to see, 2 quads beat in 2 different hands in a short period of time or somethin.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:26am   #5
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16

i think it is funny everyone rides poker stars but I will say one thing. When i play on Party(used to) and Bodog I play 2 pair and TPTK alot more aggressive then on pokerstars. It seems im second best everytime with it, and ive lost twice as many times to set vs set as both sites together and 2500 hands more on bodog and party then pokerstars. But that is just my opinion and my statistics, I do know one person that does good on stars but thats it.
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote