THE FORUMS


German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:08am   #1
theonlythree
aka 3
 
theonlythree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,601
Reputation: 23
theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Rigged - Quitting - LOL

If anyone here has a good memory of things I post, you might remember some stories I've mentioned concerning someone I know who talks a big, flat poker game.

Some of his famous words of wisdom were that 45s is a favorite over AQ, since 45s has more outs (?!?!), he said that in a MTT your chips have the greatest value in the first level, because it is easier to bluff then (?!?!), he plays probably 80% pot odds and 20% observation (which he always discusses aloud mid-hand), etc etc...

Well I recently found out that he hasn't played online since Christmas, because he doesn't trust it. I asked why, and he said that he has been seeing some weird things lately. My guess is he was on a downswing, since he said he cashed out $300 and was playing around $1,000 in the fall.

He told me that random number generators work like this - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 up until all the possible card combinations have been dealt. That is why you see hand #'s listed on Stars tables, and other rooms. I said "if they ran like that it wouldn't be a random number generator at all, it would be consecutive." He agreed with me.

I never really get into a serious debate over it, because he's kind of an in-law to me (will be soon) and you gotta keep the peace, right? It is really weird because he has more confidence with poker than pretty much anybody I've ever met. All the rest of the players in the game are 100% recreational, so they believe him. It makes ME look like the weird one who is argumentative.

Anyways, me and the gurrlyfriend were talking about it and we both figured he lost and couldn't stick through it. I think it is kind of funny.
__________________
Why the "it will take so long"-attitude? You'll be playing poker. I suppose you enjoy that, right?
theonlythree est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:29am   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1
 
DoubleU's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Representing the idiocy of today
Posts: 4,571
Reputation: 3735
DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
He told me that random number generators work like this - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 up until all the possible card combinations have been dealt. That is why you see hand #'s listed on Stars tables, and other rooms.
This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.
__________________
AFPP Member

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 1:54pm   #3
riccohb
Grinder
 
riccohb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 570
Reputation: 0
riccohb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.
No, it's true. All you need to do is take the Stars hand number and divide it by 169 and you'll know what hand you're going to get next.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafvdv View Post
Telling your wife you won money is -EV.
riccohb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:26pm   #4
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indian Burial Ground
Posts: 373
Reputation: 0
Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16
Default

Riccob your such a n00b. Everyone knows you divide it by 666.
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 1:29am. vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.