THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:08am   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Rigged - Quitting - LOL

If anyone here has a good memory of things I post, you might remember some stories I've mentioned concerning someone I know who talks a big, flat poker game.

Some of his famous words of wisdom were that 45s is a favorite over AQ, since 45s has more outs (?!?!), he said that in a MTT your chips have the greatest value in the first level, because it is easier to bluff then (?!?!), he plays probably 80% pot odds and 20% observation (which he always discusses aloud mid-hand), etc etc...

Well I recently found out that he hasn't played online since Christmas, because he doesn't trust it. I asked why, and he said that he has been seeing some weird things lately. My guess is he was on a downswing, since he said he cashed out $300 and was playing around $1,000 in the fall.

He told me that random number generators work like this - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 up until all the possible card combinations have been dealt. That is why you see hand #'s listed on Stars tables, and other rooms. I said "if they ran like that it wouldn't be a random number generator at all, it would be consecutive." He agreed with me.

I never really get into a serious debate over it, because he's kind of an in-law to me (will be soon) and you gotta keep the peace, right? It is really weird because he has more confidence with poker than pretty much anybody I've ever met. All the rest of the players in the game are 100% recreational, so they believe him. It makes ME look like the weird one who is argumentative.

Anyways, me and the gurrlyfriend were talking about it and we both figured he lost and couldn't stick through it. I think it is kind of funny.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:29am   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He told me that random number generators work like this - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 up until all the possible card combinations have been dealt. That is why you see hand #'s listed on Stars tables, and other rooms.
This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 1:54pm   #3
riccohb
Grinder

riccohb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.
No, it's true. All you need to do is take the Stars hand number and divide it by 169 and you'll know what hand you're going to get next.
riccohb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:26pm   #4
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16

Riccob your such a n00b. Everyone knows you divide it by 666.
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote