THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:04pm   #11
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I like to play as much tables as I can without it affecting my capacity to take notes.
For me, its 3-4 tables.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:19am   #12
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

More tables = less win rate per table BUT higher hourly rate.
Less tables = higher win rate but less hourly rate.

More tables gives you less SESSION variance. E.G. if you play for 2 hours at 1 table and are card dead you loose say 10BB
At 2 tables you may loose 10BB at 1 and win 8BB at another.
(this is just an simplified example)

You can disagree with my variance example if you want as my logic is probably flawed as im not a big ring game player. (NB the variance LONGTERM will be about the same its JUST the SESSION variance that is reduced from multitabling - unless MT affects your game considerably).

If you are just starting out then single table.

there is a much bigger jump in going from 1 table to two tables than there is adding X amount of extra tables.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:38am   #13
Jenson
I can haz kustom titlez

Jenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond reputeJenson has a reputation beyond repute

i usually play 3 or 4 tables... but when i climb the ladde one limit higher i start with 2 tables so i have a better focus on things happening... when i feel save enough in that certain level i start to open up 3 or 4 tables again...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:06am   #14
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Lately i've been playing one table only, sngs or mtts. When i play cash games though, i open up two. Frankly, i only need one table in sngs since i'll get very focused once the blinds get to 50/100 (basically im reading forums and folding up to that point...) and i need every little thing i can get. In cash games, i'll just open up one, leave it running for 15-20 mins, then open up the second one once i have some reads on the first.

Had a time when i was playing 4 tables all around. Basically, it was working for me, but i ended up not having major reads on any table, and playing just my cards and position. I might have had some reads on players, but i didnt *belive* them.

When i play just one table, i actually feel the play, and the players around me. I know things about every player, and i dont need to look at my notes every time im faced with a difficult choice, since im somehow feeling the table. It's one thing to have a note that someone is tight, and quite another one to feel (belive) that he's tight, since you've been watching the table and havent seen him play a hand for ages.