THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:07pm   #11
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Looks like this method applies to mainly SNG's. I guarantee if you 3-bet me more than once in a cash game, I will put you all in next time.
KHSPoker21 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:15pm   #12
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
If you're routinely double barreling you're probably spraying chips all over the table. Like, yeah, aggression is awesome, but there's a line.
I had a feeling that cbeting the turn 70% of the time wasnt that smart an idea Learned not to do that the hard way
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:47pm   #13
rickey
Doyle Look-alike

rickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSPoker21 View Post
I guarantee if you 3-bet me more than once in a cash game, I will put you all in next time.
Let's play!
rickey est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:45pm   #14
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

WIthin a reasonable proximity of hands of course
KHSPoker21 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 8:57pm   #15
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

SO basically, youre saying that agression is good, never openlimp, dont call too much...

Wow

thats not hypperagressiveness, its called playing winning poker.

And depending on the player, a very quick raise or bet looks like weakness to me without proof that its not. If the guy thinks other player at the table give more credit to a shortstack, he doesnt know what hes talking about. People reraise allin a SS with A10+ just to bust him
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:34am   #16
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

I'm not a tounrey player but alot of what you said seems pretty standard.

"SO basically, youre saying that agression is good, never openlimp, dont call too much..."
Umm, yeh thats all I read that actually sounded useful, and this is pretty common knowledge. You want to be betting not calling,
A) for fold equity
B) so you have a better idea where you are in a hand.
C) you force opponents out of their comfort zone and increase the chance of them making a mistake.
I think raising premium drawing hands like 75s 89s etc. will increase your range enough to seem reasonably agressive.

Limping is bad, of course it is,
A) you don't have control of the pot,
B) you're giving the SB and BB the opurtunity to out flop you with ATC
C) you can get raised and have to either fold and waste 1 BB in the process or call and invest more in the pot without having control of the pot.
D) Since you miss most of the time you are forced to either bluff with no pair no draw or surrender the pot and make a weak passive image for yourself.
E) When you hit the pot is small and everyone has so little invested you're unlikely to get paid off.

"thats not hypperagressiveness, its called playing winning poker."
Yeh pretty much, none of this is new or revoloutionary.

"If the guy thinks other player at the table give more credit to a shortstack, he doesnt know what hes talking about."
I agree, unless you're on or very near the bubble. Even still you need a fair few chips to pose a real threat and give you enough fold equity. Blind stealing is necessary when you're shortstacked so this isn't really new either, people expect it and if you have a wide range for raising then you find yourself in trouble. Some players might give more respect to a standard raise from a short stack than a push because it can look like a premium hand that is looking for action, but if you do it more than once expect someone to at least call. Then you're likely to be pot commited and the standard play would be to push all-in regardless of the flop and hense the player is getting great implied odds preflop. This is why the standard play for shortstacked blind stealing is to push all-in to maximise fold equity and remove any implied odds. If you don't plan to push then you're shooting yourself in the foot because you're likely to miss over 60% of the time and be forced to surrender the pot. Seeing players with 10-15BB raise 3 BB then fold the flop or push and lose is so common. If you watch poker on TV you'll notice that it's extremely rare for any good player who gets short to make standard raises without a premium hand.

"People reraise allin a SS with A10+ just to bust him"
Aswell as almost any pocket pair with alot of players.

-Petroz

Last edited by Petroz; Feb 16, 2007 at 1:47am.
Petroz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote