THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:27pm   #1
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of
Default Jokeslayer wins an MTT

I just won my first ever re-buy tournament, and I have to ask, is PLO play usually horrible or did I just find a soft tourney? There were only twenty runners, but turning $16 into 210 is possibly my best score ever.

Nobody seemed to know what they were doing. Early on, I picked up some good cards and better flops and had over 40% of the chips (after about thirty minutes, with unlimited rebuys for the first hour and one add-on thereafter). Lost my lead a bit but managed to make it to the final 9 with a decent stack size (about average and 50~60 BB)

By this point, I realised I was in with a shot at the money (barely... top three paid), so I started scrabbling through the PLO threads here for some advice. Helped a lot, although I already hd worked out what was utter crap (like 8822 double suited... looks nice, does nothing). We got to 7-handed with 3 short stacks and four big stacks. The short stacks did nothing, and one of the big stacks insisted on pushing at me when I flopped quads, so that was nice. I just raised the short stacks every time, they never pushed back and neither did anyone else.

I'm not big-headed enough to think I'm now a master Omaha player, but I might invest some more time in this if the standard of play is generally low (I'd only play Hi as PLO8 makes me want to cry)
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:48pm   #2
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

I have no idea about the standard of PLO, but congrats anyway. Winning should feel good, regardless of the opposition.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:51pm   #3
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMaynard View Post
I have no idea about the standard of PLO, but congrats anyway. Winning should feel good, regardless of the opposition.
Thanks It does feel good. Very very good.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:55pm   #4
KevinM11
Professional

KevinM11 will become famous soon enough

Congradulations on the win

and I agree with your comment about PLO8...personally it makes me throw things.

Kevin

"take stock of any poor thought processes that may be causing you to lose money needlessly at the poker table." Ozone

"The main reason for me to play poker has always been to have fun and hopefully make a little cash." DK-Molinero
KevinM11 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 8:55pm   #5
rcb17
Grinder

rcb17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcb17 Send a message via Skype™ to rcb17

First off, congrats Jokeslayer.

In general most people don't have a clue how to play PLO or PLO/8. I don't play tourneys in it, but in cash games patient ABC play will usually net you a good amount in the end.

Michigan WHO? 34-32!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rBzoXqCEnA

Last edited by rcb17; Feb 19, 2007 at 8:58pm.
rcb17 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote