THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

View Poll Results: Which hand was more ridiculous? (note: public poll)
Hand # 1 7 38.89%
Hand #2 4 22.22%
Neither; since the opponent won the hand, (s)he must have played it best. 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 09, 2007, 10:05pm   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
haha
For all the times we've butted heads, I have to say, you have a good sense of humour and can pick up on my meta-jokes quite well. Bravo sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:01am   #12
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Number one: i just hate KQ , and every time someone tries to bluff me with KQ when i have top pair or an overpair on a ragged flop they hit their 6 outer on the river.

(not to mention the awfull play on all streets and the boasting).

Hand two : he had some outs...I can understand his play somewhat, at least from the turn on.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:14am   #13
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebreaker16 View Post
Both are classic sick beats. AND Jimmy the players at .25/.5 are better then the 2/4, ask any1 that has played both..
LMAO, youre obviously not one who played both.

OP, I think I never seen a midstakes player so focused on bad beats. it looks like 50%of your posts is a new bad beat or ' Im the most coldecked player in the world'

Be gratefull that there are players that bad up to 400NL.

I gladly take a few bad beats in the face if i can win many big pots against them.

You played the second hand pretty bad, too ;)
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:27am   #14
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post

You played the second hand pretty bad, too ;)
Really? I didn't think it was that bad. How would you have played it? Maybe I should bet more on each street, but please don't say I gave him odds to draw or something ridiculous like that.

I thought the amounts were correct, and they are similar if a little bit lighter than my normal bets in that spot; only way I could have played it 'better' (different more like it) would have been to check out on the river to induce a bluff, but sad as it is this looked like a weak ace or maybe KJ to me - silly me, I didn't know he had 87 and I should check/fold.

If I put him on a draw hand* there I have to bet more, but if I put him on a weak ace or a KJ/QJ type hand, my play is fine IMO, and I get paid instead of blowing him out of the water, although with the way this guy calls down who knows?! (I didn't know he was a calling station or I would have bet harder).

PS, my 'playing it bad' doesn't change the results (because now we know he's stupid enough to be calling 20 then 30 with 87, so now we know he's calling 25 then 40 as well). Unless you're interested in pissing me off like ggnh tried, there's no point in going down this road - the play is good or bad in itself, forgetting the results.

*(And do we really consider 87 on this board a drawing hand? He can only win with a 9 or running cards, and the 9 is drawing at the sucker end and I can redraw against it - this is like a 24 drawing on an AA6 board).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?

Last edited by TWLLM; Mar 13, 2007 at 4:32am.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:49pm   #15
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
I love when the bad players boast about how great they are. I was just in a session with someone like that, I stayed at the table until he went bust. Too bad it wasn't too me.
Standard.

Usually they suck out on your with a MASSIVE hoover and then donk it back to everyone else while you go colder that a witch's ***.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:02pm   #16
martyjon
River Rat

martyjon is on a distinguished road

I had to go for option 2 although hand one was a horrible play at least he had the stones to get his chips in (bizarely with NOTHING). As for hand two i just dont understand his play at any stage... As Alice said things just get curiouser and curiouser.