THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:40pm   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Wow - this time both your opponents were on crack. I guess this means the fold was incorrect.

(Obviously, I actually think you were right to fold it anyway all things considered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:43am   #12
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwups View Post
You call KJo preflop but fold to K93? What flops are you hoping for when you call with KJo? With an early raise and two callers this is a fold preflop.

I fold KJo on the flop in that spot because of the action in front. A lot of the time that flop falls down and u are ahead. Not to mention he has a good position on the table and if he flops a draw/monster there is every chance he can stack someone. You want to take advantage of the poor players early in a tournament. Don't get me wrong, I sit pretty tight early in a tournament but this is just to good of a spot.

It's early, and it's a small part of his stack, there is no way he should be folding here, and if someone tells me they would call if it was suited, I will throw up.

Just because you can't play post flop doesn't mean others cant.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.

Last edited by kid hustlr; Mar 27, 2007 at 12:06pm.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:24am   #13
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I'd call if it was suited.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:08am   #14
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

To me, that is a terrible call preflop with the blinds that low. It is standard for donks that hit any piece of a flop early to force you to play for stacks. At this level, play JJ+ for 5bb+1/limper to open; limp smaller pp for set value only; play AK, AKs, AQs carefully and fold everything else until at least the 3rd level. I might complete the small blind with AQ if I were getting 9-1 or better.

Alternate strat (simple) open fold everything but KK and AA first two levels.

Assuming this is a single table tourney, right?

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:15am   #15
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
At first I thought that if the guy had the nuts he wouldn't bet so strongly so maybe he is protecting a weaker hand than he would like.
He doesn't need the nuts Axis, he only needs KQ to beat our hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Of course this kind of wishful thinking is my biggest weakness.
Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insatiable36 View Post
What about JJ and K8
I can't believe I gave them that much credit! lol

Good fold Insatiable, regardless of the results.