THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:04pm   #1
pablobaluba
Fish

pablobaluba is on a distinguished road
Default Hand to comment.

hi everybody. i'm new in here. i found the site and the forum and i find them guite useful. so here is my first post and i wanted to hear some of your opinnions about this hand i had in the weekend.
5 players at table (2 were out because at the beginng we were 7)
it was about mid game, and i get 2, 2.
blinds were 10-20 if i remember right and the big blind calls 100. next two players fold. after thinking...i call, i was feeling lucky. small blind folds too (that was good for me) it was a 1v1 game. i also knew the bb was a tight player, but i really thought this time he is bluffin.
flop comes. J, 4, 2. i was feeling comfortable.i bet, he calls.
on the turn, comes 7. (there was no chance for flush).
we check both.
on the river...Ace ...i was sure he had an ace and probably went for 2 pair....but not two aces)...
i lost almost 1/2 of my stack...
did i really played that bad?

Last edited by pablobaluba; Mar 30, 2007 at 2:06pm.
pablobaluba est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:36pm   #2
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums.

I'm a bit confused by your description of the preflop action: you say the blinds were 10/20 but the big blind "calls 100"--do you mean it was limped around to the big blind and he raised it to 100? In any case, without some more information like the size of your and your opponent's stacks and the size of your bet on the flop, it's hard to say whether you played the hand badly or not, except that you missed a lot of value by not betting the turn. Of course you are not laying your hand down on the river when the A hits. That's just a bad beat and you did well to only lose half your stack. (In fact you have your opponent's bad play to thank for that; it is atrocious play for him not to bet that flop and turn.)

Also, your reasons given for calling the raise with 22 preflop are that you were "feeling lucky" and you thought your opponent was bluffing. Both very bad reasons to play a hand like 22! Even if your opponent has 73o, he still has 2 overcards against you, making the hand a coinflip and leaving you guessing whether the flop has helped him or not. What are you going to do, call him down on the off-chance? There is one reason and one reason only why it's perfectly fine (whatever some people say) to call a raise with 22 when the blinds are low and you both have reasonable stacks, and that is in the hope of hitting a set and getting your opponent's stack. (Unfortunately you managed to do one without the other but that's life.)

Last edited by angusg; Mar 30, 2007 at 3:13pm.
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:44pm   #3
pablobaluba
Fish

our stacks were almost the same. or mine was a bit bigger...i think i had ...1100 and he 900 something like this..
if i remember right, i bet another 100 on the turn
the turn was checked by both. (he told me later he was affraid i had a double pair-he didn't even think imight have a trips too)
Old Mar 30, 2007, 3:08pm   #4
angusg
Bot on tilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablobaluba View Post
if i remember right, i bet another 100 on the turn
the turn was checked by both.
Huh?
Old Mar 30, 2007, 3:22pm   #5
pablobaluba
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusg View Post
Huh?
lol..sorry
i meant. on the flop i bet 100 he called.
on turn we both checked
Old Mar 30, 2007, 3:35pm   #6
angusg
Bot on tilt

Right, OK then.

Next time, bet the turn!
Old Mar 30, 2007, 4:31pm   #7
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablobaluba View Post
i lost almost 1/2 of my stack...
did i really played that bad?

Yes you should of lost your whole stack, this is go broke hand, bet the turn, and river hard. If he raises at any point put him in.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 9:25pm   #8
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

lol, he thought you had 'double pair' ? after calling a raise and the flop was J42 ?

You played that hand pretty bad because you still had chips after you lost the hand.
Bet turn and river of course.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote