THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:10am   #11
cpsof95
Flop Artist

cpsof95 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the advice. I just had a good session which covered a lot of my earlier losses. I changed a few things:

1) I paid more attention to what was going on. I really tried to figure out what hand the villan might have. I laid down top pair several times when I wasn't comfortable with it, but I also called down a few scare card bets, when my reads told me that card couldn't help him.

2) I made my play a bit less straight-forward. I didn't c-bet non-stop, but looked for chances to check-raise or slowplay. I did this especially against better players.

3) As discussed in another topic, I paid some attention to the size of my pre-flop raises. I planned a strategy for each hand. How big stacks do my opponents have? How large pot do I want to play with AQ against these guys? Taking a few seconds to think through also helped me to stay focused while playing four tables simultaneously.

Although this wasn't a huge session at all, it was good for my self-confidence to make some profit after several days of struggling. Yes, I was a bit lucky, didn't get too many bad beats or anything, and I probably should have won more. But I feel good now. Thanks.
cpsof95 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!