THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 21, 2007, 10:14pm   #1
Flue
River Rat

Flue is on a distinguished road
Default Someone takes pity on me?

Didn't want to post it at first, but it makes me steaming. $4+0.40 180 seat SnG. 19 Players left, on the bubble for about 4 hands. 18 places paid.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

saw flop|saw showdown

SB (t14516)
BB (t15802)
UTG (t3331)
Flue (t18109)
MP2 (t14988 )
CO (t10685)
Button (t18437)

Preflop: Flue is MP1 with Q, Q.
1 fold, Flue raises to t1800, 2 folds, Button calls t1800, 2 folds.

Flop: (t3900) 3, 7, T (2 players)
Flue bets t2400, Button raises to t4800, Flue raises to t16259, Button calls t11459.

Turn: (t36418 ) K (2 players)

River: (t36418 ) T (2 players)

Final Pot: t36418

Results in white below:
Flue has (two pair, queens and tens).
Button has (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Button wins t36418.

I bust out place 19. Btw: How would you have played the hand? The Button was pretty agressive through out the tournament, and somewhat loose. Maybe he would have folded on the turn, but i doubt it. And the K wouldn't be a good card for me either. Was this spot kinda autobust? I don't care for the the missing money. But the 36000 chips would have put me in a good shape to go on for the top places. But instead the monkey probably went on to the final tabel with a huge stack.
Flue est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 21, 2007, 10:38pm   #2
SevenToo
Grinder

SevenToo

min raise "could have be" a low set, no option to call though, raise out the Ten Ten X kicker.

i dont think the guy folds on the turn.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:10pm   #3
fraserbrown
Flop Artist

fraserbrown is on a distinguished road

He had Top pair and top kicker when you went all in. Not really a bad play.
fraserbrown est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 12:06am   #4
Flue
River Rat

Well i was playing at the same tables with him for a long time. My image was extremly tight. whenever I raised preflop and went to a showdown i flipped over AA, KK or AKs. Play some slightly weaker hand too, but didn't have to show em.

---Tournament Summary---
$4.40 MTT: Finished 19/180 for $0
Data for 152 hands.
You played 25 hands (16.45%)
You raised 12 times preflop (7.89%)

If i were to play that hand again i would raise a little bit more preflop. Tell me if I'am wrong, but he made a terriable play. He called a "rock" with ATs. And he (on the flop) called a player, that is very unlikely willing to risk all his chips on a crazy (semi) bluff, with TPTK and no shot on a flush. What did he put me on? Ok, it's 4.40, probably he wasn't thinking about it at all.
Old May 22, 2007, 12:36am   #5
wareagle
Flop Artist

wareagle is on a distinguished road

Well I do think he is pretty dumb for calling considering he put almost his entire stack out there. I wouldn't have reraised him all in after the flop since you were only 1 away from placing. However, I don't think there is anyway you could have won that pot other than raising more preflop (still think he would have called with A 10 though).
wareagle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 1:15am   #6
Flue
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
I wouldn't have reraised him all in after the flop since you were only 1 away from placing.
Well, the logical consequence of this would be folding them preflop. No joke for a few seconds i was thinking about it. But I decided to play it (and go with it if i flop to it). The flop was very lovely.

The only other option, besides reraise all-in, to answer his miniraise is fold. If I call, the turncard comes. Very likely an blank or a scarecard. I'm drawing to nothing. So call and fold if he bets the turn? Fold to a minraise on such a flop? The only hand to fear here is TT, or maybe 77. A flushdraw probably wouldn't miniraise.

Basicly i can't complain at all. It was more or less the matchup I wanted.
But I did some homework with Pokerstove. Interestingly he was "only" a 4:1dog on the flop.

I didn't think of all that so precisely while playing the hand, but discussing with you helps me a lot with my learing process. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Flue; May 22, 2007 at 1:41am.
Old May 22, 2007, 2:10am   #7
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Felting TPTK on the bubble is pretty standard. The minraise is eh but it's fine if he's trying to induce ace-paint to push or something.

You played it fine, although I make it 2400 preflop because I use a 4x open raise.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 2:21am   #8
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
I wouldn't have reraised him all in after the flop since you were only 1 away from placing.
I strongly encourace you wareagle to read as many "bubble" posts on here as possible until you don't think this way again. This type of bubble thinking is bad for your game. The money went in with the QQ ahead. Do that everytime you can and just play more tournaments to compensate the times you lose.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 7:42pm   #9
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

You got your money in ahead and he sucked out. You still made the right play, all the decent money is in the first 3 spots in these tournies.

No point folding to ITM (where you nearly get 1 buyin profit), you have to play to win these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 4:52am   #10
Flue
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
Avoid bad beats - only put your money in when you are behind!
So true. Very first hand $10+1 MTT (+$2,5k):

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

saw flop|saw showdown

Button (t1500)
Flue (t1500)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
CO (t1500)

Preflop: Flue is SB with A, K.
1 fold, MP1 raises to t60, 3 folds, Flue calls t50, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t180) A, 4, A (3 players)
Flue checks, BB checks, MP1 bets t100, Flue calls t100, BB folds.

Turn: (t380) 3 (2 players)
Flue checks, MP1 bets t280, Flue raises to t580, MP1 raises to t1340, Flue calls t760 (All-In).

River: (t3060) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t3060

Results in white below:
Flue has (three of a kind, aces).
MP1 has (full house, aces full of jacks).
Outcome: MP1 wins t3060.