THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 21, 2007, 2:18pm   #1
jimmydeadace
Doyle Look-alike

jimmydeadace is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a new site

I'm trying to find a new site. The three i'm looking at are stars, fulltilt and bodog. Which of these would you recommend? Looking to play nl hold em, both cash games and tournaments. I looked in the reviews but none of them are in the reviews section.
jimmydeadace est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 21, 2007, 8:00pm   #2
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

I assume that you're a micro player so i'd say go for bodog. Their cash games 5c/10c nl are awesome, partly due to the fact that bodog doesnt have lower limits. Im pretty sure that 10/25c is soft too.

The 5c/10c nl heavily rewards pacience and just a tight aproach, with people willing to call of all their chips with top pair no kicker and the like, compared to stars for instance, where you have to play a bit on the loose side to avoid the regulars. Limiting the maximum number of tables to 3 made the site free of rocks basically, and the "tags" arent that many or that good (and you'll quickly get to know them).

However, they dont have 6max 5c/10c and the tournament scene isnt that good. The structure is good but there arent that many tournaments and nowhere near as many players as there are on stars (even at small buy-ins like $10 you'll only see like 180 people register, basically making most tourneys the equivalent of a 180 man stars sit and go). Sit and gos tend to fill up slow, even at the $5 level (compared to stars where you barely have time to sign up, these take a few minutes).

If you're looking to play anything smaller than 5c/10c i'd strongly suggest the ipoker network to get you started, but only for that (it tends to lag imho and the software isnt nearly as good as bodog). The 1c/2c tables are obviously full of people who cant spell poker
Old May 21, 2007, 11:19pm   #3
jimmydeadace
Doyle Look-alike

jimmydeadace is on a distinguished road

Cheers man i'll check bodog out. And yeh you assumed right i'm micro limits
jimmydeadace est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 1:48am   #4
ToCall_All_In
River Rat

ToCall_All_In is on a distinguished road

I dont reccomend Full Tilt, their rake is horrific.
ToCall_All_In est déconnecté   Reply With Quote