THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 04, 2007, 8:11am   #1
iceickle
Doyle Look-alike

iceickle is on a distinguished road
Default Satellite win!

Woohoo! I just made myself $200 (thankyou pokernews exchange) by winning a double shootout for the sunday million. I'm not able to play on sunday, but even if I could i'm not a great tournament player, and this almost doubles my bankroll.

I played two satellites this afternoon for fun, the shootout and a regular satellite (both $10 entry fees). The shootout only had 20 people when i registered with 10 minutes to go, but made it up to 50 or so.

The competition was easy, thats all i can say really. I got lucky a few times, but also unlucky a few times.

Anyway im excited for my first decent win (best before this was a $5 45 man sng... hehe)

last hand, i won with a bang:

PokerStars Game #10262060029: Tournament #51835312, $10.70+$1.00 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level IV (50/100) - 2007/06/04 - 02:52:11 (ET)
Table '51835312 1' 10-max Seat #10 is the button
Seat 5: iceickle (6248 in chips)
Seat 9: kranegutt (6802 in chips)
Seat 10: Steakfries (1950 in chips)
iceickle: posts small blind 50
kranegutt: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to iceickle [8d 8h]
Steakfries: calls 100
iceickle: raises 300 to 400
kranegutt: folds
Steakfries: raises 1550 to 1950 and is all-in
iceickle: calls 1550
*** FLOP *** [As 8s Kh]
Steakfries said, "gg"
*** TURN *** [As 8s Kh] [8c]
iceickle said, "gg"
*** RIVER *** [As 8s Kh 8c] [5h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
iceickle: shows [8d 8h] (four of a kind, Eights)
Steakfries: shows [6s 6h] (two pair, Eights and Sixes)
iceickle collected 4000 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4000 | Rake 0
Board [As 8s Kh 8c 5h]
Seat 5: iceickle (small blind) showed [8d 8h] and won (4000) with four of a kind, Eights
Seat 9: kranegutt (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 10: Steakfries (button) showed [6s 6h] and lost with two pair, Eights and Sixes
iceickle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 04, 2007, 9:19am   #2
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

nice

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2007, 5:15pm   #3
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16

congrats, hopefully there are more to come. Good Luck
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2007, 5:23pm   #4
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Nice win. If you win a sattelite on stars they just give you the cash buyin? I always thought they just entered you into the qualified tourney with no cash transaction.

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2007, 5:29pm   #5
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they do, but you can just unregister from the tournament you qualified for and the buy-in will be "refunded" to your account balance. Which is awesome BTW.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2007, 12:30am   #6
iceickle
Doyle Look-alike

iceickle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
Yeah, they do, but you can just unregister from the tournament you qualified for and the buy-in will be "refunded" to your account balance. Which is awesome BTW.
Yep, unregister and you get the T$ in your account. There was no question about taking the money- it's a huge boost to my bankroll and there is no point in my playing in the sunday million

Also if you are going to sell your T$, it pays to shop around a few sites first (if you can't find someone to buy them) as they offer different exchange rates.
iceickle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2007, 2:13am   #7
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

Nice work iceickle!
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2007, 2:27am   #8
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceickle View Post
Yep, unregister and you get the T$ in your account. There was no question about taking the money- it's a huge boost to my bankroll and there is no point in my playing in the sunday million

Also if you are going to sell your T$, it pays to shop around a few sites first (if you can't find someone to buy them) as they offer different exchange rates.
You should be able to get 98-99% for your $T, anything else is a rip. Heck, I'm sure you could sell them on here for something in the high 90s, so don't waste your time with the exchange sites unless you're getting a very good rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote