THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:48pm   #11
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv

I took a shot at 100NL this month. first table I opened to take my first shot, I managed to get from $100 to +$600 in about 40 min. I kinda liked it.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:26pm   #12
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbu3116 View Post
If you have been running bad why are you taking shots? Man I miss Party and Ongame.
A full ring game where the average pot is 30% of the full buy-in is worth taking the shot.

Normally I bankroll like a squirrel collects nuts for the winter, so I wasn't risking my head by playing this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:28pm   #13
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
scary how true that is

thinking about the hand, twllm do you never raise out of big blind here? how about if it was 6 max?

sick cooler

the turn check is fine.

thats a 2k river card
Yes, I would likely have raised out of the big blind had it been 6-max. In this particular game, however, a raise here would have been pointless and just building a big pot out of position with no idea where I stand (usually) and no way I can take the pot down now.

This table was pretty crazy with action, which is why I was taking the shot, so raising 99 here isn't a great idea, nor is it necessary to win a big pot (all I'd have to have done is hit my 9 without the board pairing and someone would pay me off).

Otherwise we're in agreement. ;)

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?

Last edited by TWLLM; Jun 18, 2007 at 4:30pm.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:50pm   #14
ChilloutNoob
wat

ChilloutNoob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisma View Post
Then when he can take shots if he always run bad???
because he runs good in the long run obviously
jayhawkhoops: you're a remarkably talented player, ChilloutNoob. i wish you weren't so rude ... but maybe if i was as good as you, i'd be doing the same. it must be fun knowing that you're better than anybody else at the table, so i really can't blame you
ChilloutNoob est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:43pm   #15
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilloutNoob View Post
because he runs good in the long run obviously
BHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Man you crack me up.

Quote:
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:13pm   #16
ChilloutNoob
wat

that you run very very bad sometimes implies that you run mad hot sometimes
jayhawkhoops: you're a remarkably talented player, ChilloutNoob. i wish you weren't so rude ... but maybe if i was as good as you, i'd be doing the same. it must be fun knowing that you're better than anybody else at the table, so i really can't blame you
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:31pm   #17
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
that you run very very bad sometimes implies that you run mad hot sometimes
No. He doesn't have to reference his own relative luck at some other time to say he runs bad, but an absolute/universal EV neutural that he can inductively assume he is most likely to run. If induction is a valid argument (I don't think it is, but whatever) then he can say that he runs bad at one point in time even if he has never run good.

Anyways. We can all agree that running bad for the last 10 years should not affect whether or not he takes a shot at a higher level. There is no good reason to suspect that he will continue to run bad.

regards
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:35pm   #18
ChilloutNoob
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31 View Post
No. He doesn't have to reference his own relative luck at some other time to say he runs bad, but an absolute/universal EV neutural that he can inductively assume he is most likely to run. If induction is a valid argument (I don't think it is, but whatever) then he can say that he runs bad at one point in time even if he has never run good.
tc,dr
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:37pm   #19
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
tc,dr
I'm no doctor.

the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:43pm   #20
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31 View Post
Anyways. We can all agree that running bad for the last 10 years should not affect whether or not he takes a shot at a higher level. There is no good reason to suspect that he will continue to run bad.
I'm inclined to agree.

If I was on tilt from running bad, or short rolled from running bad, those would be good reasons.

Just seeing a very juicy game and moving up a level or two to try to capitalize on it isn't necessarily a bad move if my play isn't affected by anything specific.

I should point out that I'm not on some kind of life tilt or anything - when you run as bad as I have in the past, it's hard to get tilted just by beats/coolers.

Quote: