THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:45am   #11
Tmabbbb
Fish

Tmabbbb is on a distinguished road

When I read this message, I was in shock. I think I was the one you lost to. I remember playing that hand. I advise you to try to relax and forget about it. I've experienced numerous bad beats before, but I usually manage to recuperate. Try to think about any times you may have been lucky. People remember bad beats more than lucky experiences, so this will probably stick with you more than a fortunate time would have. By the way, in that tournament, I think it was a very small one, so it should not have left a significant impact. Furthermore, according to my memory, it was a play money tournament, so be thankful that it wasn't for real money.
Tmabbbb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:44am   #12
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
1. Losing 1 hand cannot ever = a downswing. You want to know what a downswing is? Try 25 set over set losses in a row (the first 3 of which were when my opponent hit a 1 out river...). 25xbuyin =
Hey TWLLM

Today I was two tabling. One table I had AA and turned a set. Turned out I two outered a guy who had flopped a set of 5s and I got him all in for a whole buy in. Simultaneously on the other hand I flopped a set of 5s and got all in against another guy for another full buy in. He had flopped a set of 4's.

This beautiful moment in my poker career made me think of you. And how I inverse TWLLM-ed two people within about 2 seconds of each other.

Hugs

KingTen
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:48am   #13
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Beats happen all the time. Take this one for example. The villian had been playing like crap and so of course he raises with garbage. I raise him after the flop to make sure he hasn't yet made his hand and I was right. I put him all-in to get him off of his draw, and his flush would have been weak, but he chases the inside straight flush draw and hits it. It happens. It's only a small amount of dough and I left this particular session with $17 after I buckled down. I only left because I had to move the sprinkler.

You gotta enjoy the game, and that includes shrugging off the bad beats.

PokerStars Game #10488807077: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2007/06/17 - 21:57:52 (ET)
Table 'Thalassa V' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: bonixxxz ($3.70 in chips)
Seat 2: Vampire Baby ($5.70 in chips)
Seat 4: alexster ($13.50 in chips)
Seat 5: TomJones78 ($5.50 in chips)
Seat 6: crissy812 ($4.30 in chips)
crissy812: posts small blind $0.05
bonixxxz: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Vampire Baby [Ad 6d]
Vampire Baby: calls $0.10
alexster: folds
TomJones78: folds
crissy812: calls $0.05
bonixxxz: raises $0.20 to $0.30
Vampire Baby: calls $0.20
crissy812: calls $0.20
*** FLOP *** [6h 5c 6c]
crissy812: checks
bonixxxz: bets $0.50
Vampire Baby: raises $0.50 to $1
crissy812: folds
bonixxxz: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [6h 5c 6c] [2d]
bonixxxz: bets $0.80
Vampire Baby: raises $2.30 to $3.10
bonixxxz: calls $1.60 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [6h 5c 6c 2d] [7c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bonixxxz: shows [4c 8c] (a straight flush, Four to Eight)
Vampire Baby: mucks hand
bonixxxz collected $7.35 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $7.70 | Rake $0.35
Board [6h 5c 6c 2d 7c]
Seat 1: bonixxxz (big blind) showed [4c 8c] and won ($7.35) with a straight flush, Four to Eight
Seat 2: Vampire Baby mucked [Ad 6d]
Seat 4: alexster folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: TomJones78 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: crissy812 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 3:51am   #14
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmabbbb View Post
When I read this message, I was in shock. I think I was the one you lost to. I remember playing that hand. I advise you to try to relax and forget about it. I've experienced numerous bad beats before, but I usually manage to recuperate. Try to think about any times you may have been lucky. People remember bad beats more than lucky experiences, so this will probably stick with you more than a fortunate time would have. By the way, in that tournament, I think it was a very small one, so it should not have left a significant impact. Furthermore, according to my memory, it was a play money tournament, so be thankful that it wasn't for real money.
Um it sounds to me that he's talking about a cash game, not a tournament.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:56pm   #15
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTen View Post
Hey TWLLM

Today I was two tabling. One table I had AA and turned a set. Turned out I two outered a guy who had flopped a set of 5s and I got him all in for a whole buy in. Simultaneously on the other hand I flopped a set of 5s and got all in against another guy for another full buy in. He had flopped a set of 4's.

This beautiful moment in my poker career made me think of you. And how I inverse TWLLM-ed two people within about 2 seconds of each other.

Hugs

KingTen
You, sir, have made a grizzled and highly irritated poker player smile.

NHs, and even nicer, you've made the subject of my new signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:11pm   #16
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsb123 View Post
I
Just don't know if I can handle the swings, the win was nice but the bad beat stays with me for 2 weeks. Is this normal or do I need to shrug it off quicker?
haha you lost to a 4 outers and you cant get over it for 2 weeks ? Youre right, you should quit.
Or toughen up a lot.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:30pm   #17
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
You, sir, have made a grizzled and highly irritated poker player smile.

NHs, and even nicer, you've made the subject of my new signature.
OMGZ YES

<3 I am privileged
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote