THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jun 19, 2007, 3:59am   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Do you think Party will care about this complaint?

This was rather irritating. I typed in a $8 bet on the turn, nothing happened, and my hand was instantly folded. Shouldn't a hand be checked if the software doesn't recognize an action in time? Also, if a player gets disconnected, shouldn't there be a few additional seconds added?
Here is the hand in question. I think it is unfair that I was cheated out of this pot because of the software's mistake.

***** Hand History for Game 6075551921 *****
$25 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, June 18, 23:43:29 ET 2007
Table Table 125951 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 3: hurtchow ( $29.97 USD )
Seat 4: paver333 ( $38.41 USD )
Seat 6: Demetrace ( $14.45 USD )
Seat 1: elcamino7979 ( $4.25 USD )
Seat 5: ballantyre ( $25.25 USD )
elcamino7979 posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
hurtchow posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hurtchow [ 9h 8s ]
paver333 raises [$0.50 USD]
ballantyre calls [$0.50 USD]
Demetrace folds
elcamino7979 folds
hurtchow calls [$0.25 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 6s, 8c ]
hurtchow bets [$1 USD]
paver333 calls [$1 USD]
ballantyre raises [$2 USD]
hurtchow raises [$5 USD]
paver333 folds
ballantyre calls [$4 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
hurtchow did not respond in time
hurtchow folds
ballantyre shows [ 7h, As ]high card Ace.
ballantyre wins $13.90 USD from the main pot with high card, Ace.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:46am   #2
angusg
Bot on tilt

angusg is on a distinguished road

You can try but I imagine they will claim that you were disconnected, and point out that you were playing at a table with no disconnect protection (that is what "No DP" means). Party is not famous for going out of their way to please customers.
angusg est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:54am   #3
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv

this is just party's way of rewarding you for being a good customer. the guy would have rivered a straight.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 12:56pm   #4
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

What do you mean "nothing happened"? It sounds like you just typed in the bet amount and pressed the enter key, but you have to click the bet button with your mouse. Unless this is the only hand you played, I'm sure you've figured that out by know. Did you actually click the bet button in time?

I hate the fact that the Party client folds the hand instead of checking it. I rediscovered that feature myself about a month ago (after 6 months at FT) with a full house on the river in a 3/6 NL hand where I had raised pre and bet both the flop and turn. I just took too long trying to decide if I should check-raise, bet 4/5 of the pot, bet a full pot, go all-in, or bet 1/3 of the pot and hope that he raises. (With 99 on a 9KxxK board, I think just betting a full pot is the best option, but at the time I wasn't able to see that in time).

I think it's incredibly stupid that the hand gets folded if you time out, but that's just the way they've designed the client. I suppose you could send them an E-mail and try to convince them to change it. But E-mailing Party's support is one of the most frustrating things a person can do. They are all complete idiots, and they don't bother to read your E-mails before they answer them. And when you reply to their idiotic reply, some other idiot will receive your E-mail this time, so the first idiot will never even find out what he did wrong.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:06pm   #5
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

I dont think its unreasonable that it gets folded as opposed to checked, its a punishment for wasting other peoples time. If it were checked instead of folded and someone was discounnected everyone at the table could end up waiting all day if the other person checked as well. You might think why don't they just make a bet to win it, well the other person may pretend to be discounnected just so the other person would make a standard bet at it.

If I were Party staff and you complained of rediscovering the time out feature I'd call you an idiot, afterall you had to know of it beforehand to rediscover it and you let it expire knowing what would happen when you did.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:26pm   #6
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Basically, there was a lag on my bet. I punched it in and hit the button with one second left and it folded me. It was like what Fredrik described, I wasn't sure how much to bet and I took too long to make up my mind.

BTW Party didn't care. I even got one response from them which was just a copy of my message.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:04pm   #7
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

at least u got a response, i deposited $300 there once and it didnt appear in my account, 10 emails i sent, not once did they reply, i had to ring them (overseas call) eventually, and they said "ok hang on a sec.......ok check ur account now" i did and the money was there, so it was easy but they dont know what email is let alone how to use it.
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:55pm   #8
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

It answer to your question...

Do Party Poker care?

No

They make rake from you whether you fold your hand or not so they just don't give a shit also because you're only playing 25NL it's an even bigger reason for them not to give a shit, they probably only care about the big stakes customers. I've had a few problems with Party, thier customer service is awful. I've had replies like "that is the was the software was programmed, you should have read the terms and conditions"

If you want good tech support Titan poker is the place to go, they don't take 6 million years to reply to your email, you can IM them and they actually understand your problem/request.
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:03pm   #9
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Perfection View Post
I dont think its unreasonable that it gets folded as opposed to checked, its a punishment for wasting other peoples time.
We're only talking about 20-25 seconds here. And why would you want to punish the people who really have a tough decision the hardest? It's not like anyone ever times out trying to decide if they should reraise with 65s preflop. No, you will only time out when half your stack is in the pot already and you have to make a decision about the rest of it.

Quote:
If it were checked instead of folded and someone was discounnected everyone at the table could end up waiting all day if the other person checked as well. You might think why don't they just make a bet to win it, well the other person may pretend to be discounnected just so the other person would make a standard bet at it.
This is not a problem at any other site, so why would it be a problem at Party?

Quote:
If I were Party staff and you complained of rediscovering the time out feature I'd call you an idiot, afterall you had to know of it beforehand to rediscover it and you let it expire knowing what would happen when you did.
Do you actually think I would even consider complaining to them about the hand I described?
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:09pm   #10
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We're only talking about 20-25 seconds here. And why would you want to punish the people who really have a tough decision the hardest? It's not like anyone ever times out trying to decide if they should reraise with 65s preflop. No, you will only time out when half your stack is in the pot already and you have to make a decision about the rest of it.
If you cannot come to a decision in the given time just click check right before it expires, I don't think thats too unreasonable. Thats all your complaining about, that you need to manually click check instead of it doing it for you when time expires. Thats the only difference between this site and how the others treat the expiring time, whether you have to click check or not. As you said this problem doesn't come up too often it isn't much of a big deal.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote