THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Jun 03, 2007, 2:47am   #51
iceickle
Doyle Look-alike

iceickle is on a distinguished road

Don't use that HH converter, it deletes all the details... I have gotten 3 sets in a row also, but they were all TT! (pocket's once, then the board paird the other two times)
iceickle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 03, 2007, 8:17am   #52
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceickle View Post
Don't use that HH converter, it deletes all the details... I have gotten 3 sets in a row also, but they were all TT! (pocket's once, then the board paird the other two times)
Then you had a set once and trips twice...
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:19am   #53
Speciation
Flop Artist

Speciation is on a distinguished road

I've begun a blog that I plan on regularly updating. It will focus on the beginner aspects of poker & how I apply them as I attempt to thoroughly learn the game of NLHE. I would appreciate it if you'd take a look &, if possible, leave a comment on any of the posts if there's something you would like to say, or if there's any advice you could give me. There are many questions I ask that are meant for me to go over later & research in order to answer them myself (in order to help me learn). I started 3 days ago, so there's not too, too much, but the posts are lengthy.

The link is: les-poissonsss.livejournal.com.

Last edited by Speciation; Jun 22, 2007 at 12:22am.
Speciation est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:09pm   #54
WhoCares
River Rat

WhoCares

Skimming through the thread I saw you mentioned mainly two aspects to base your decisions on, Hand Selection and Pod Odds.
I'd like to add Position to that list, can be as, in some situations maybe even more important than Hand Selection. It can help you pre-flop to keep you out of trouble with mediocre holdings.
WhoCares est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:20pm   #55
Speciation
Flop Artist

Speciation is on a distinguished road

I realized I had left position out as a fundamental aspect of the game late last night & I plan on applying it throughout my sessions today. I will update my blog with what I've learned about position & its importance in play just to make sure I have a thorough understanding of what position is all about.

Horrible STT run this morning. Cashed in only 2 out of 5 that I registered in, although I placed 3rd & 1st for a grand total of $1,575 - a $325 profit. I need to read up on more STT strategies, 'cause I know there's a reason I'm not placing ITM consistently, but I am having trouble figuring it out. It's the inexperience that's killin' me.
Speciation est déconnecté   Reply With Quote