THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 03, 2007, 4:55pm   #11
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I love ppl who call other people Dumbass and dont have a clue about pot odds.

Plus he could have beem lying for all you know (even if its unlikely).

Anyway if there were a DUMBASS at this table it was you ...
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 03, 2007, 5:52pm   #12
seedload
Grinder

seedload is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraserbrown View Post
Thank your dumbass friend for me, he saved me over a $100, if I hadnt heard that little statement I was going to call.
Funny how poker math works.

The dumbass friend actually saved his buddy $41 on average by making you fold. Your folding was far better for him.

You actually cost yourself $23.5 on average by listening to the dumbass friend. You should have called.

Did this friend look a lot like Dustin Hoffmann and keep mumbling about what an excellent driver he is and about how it was definitely 10 minutes until Wapner?

regards
seedload est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 5:58pm   #13
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Even funnier if he would have showed KQ after you folded face up, trying to show the world how smart you were

I suggest you dont try to outsmart people too much by folding top set from now on, truth is, a high enough % of time, the guy will say something like that and he wont have the nuts.

taking that and the pot odds into account, I think everyone will agree that there were at least 2 dumbasses at the table that day.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 6:02pm   #14
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraserbrown View Post
I probably should have called in hindsight since I had about ~$350 in chips still.
The guy had 100$ left... And you talk about calling because you have money left if you lose?
And you ask if you should call a push with top set in a live game ?

I suggest reading books or something. Chances are youre a loooooot worse poker player then you think.

Last edited by Gus; Jul 03, 2007 at 6:12pm.
Old Jul 03, 2007, 8:51pm   #15
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody is touching the "ethical" part. Who really cares about the ethics in this situation? Is it ethical to call if your opponent tells you what he has? Would it be unethical to demand the opponents hand dead since he is showing others that may have peeked at your cards if they were able, therefore openly cheating?

It would be unethical to rig the deck or peek at your opponents cards or to see the bottom card or to not inform the dealer you saw a card when dealt, but very few throw away this advantage. If you are honest then you make it known. If a couple of fools are trying to influence the game on purpose or by accident, you still should play your hand as you see fit.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2007, 10:01pm   #16
Gus
Professional

Nobodys touching it because I think its an evidence its not OP's problem. What could he do ? Call because, hey, he would have 'probably' called if dumbass didnt say anything ?

And I think in cashgames you can show your hand, depending on the local rules... why not, if Im in a hand, I sure wont mind if someone show me his live cards.

If the dealer make mistakes, you should tell it. If an other player is too bad or sloppy to look at his hole cards without showing them to me, I will use this without any remorse at all. YOU should protect your hand at all time.
If the guy is cool, I will tell him to protect his cards after the hand tho.
Old Jul 03, 2007, 11:55pm   #17
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

There is no ethical problem here in acting on the "tell" (literally in this case). The OP can fully use the information he has been given.

However, if the friend was dealt a hand that he folded and is now telling the villian to push you can have villian's hand killed in many cardrooms. The friend has extra information (his own cards he folded) that you do not have access to. This is a pretty serious violation in my opinion. I might request the hand to be killed. Even if friend was not dealt a hand it is usually a rules violation to seek advice - but I probably wouldn't push the issue in that case.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote