THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 07, 2007, 1:42pm   #1
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road
Default My Omaha Experiment

Hey guys you know that I decided to spend a week playing Omaha. Well I probably will not dedicate an entire week because I did not check game selection because right now it is pretty poor. I would have to play $2000PL and I am not comfortable doing that yet so it is going to be whenever I can find a decent $1000PL game.

I played about 500 hands today and I must say the game has become much more sophisticated since my last long run at Omaha (about a year ago). I have played some since then but not enough to be able to get a total grip on it. No more just blind brute force but more of a finesse style of a game. So far I am down $2400 but feel like I have played absolutely great. I have not put much money in good (meaning ahead not necessarily a favorite) but in the $10000 in pots or so that decided my wins and losses I came away with about $1500 of it. I just ran horribly. I would guess that my overall equity in those pots was about $4500-$5k but it could be a little more or less.

I have also realized that I have a lot to learn and for the first time in a long time just sat and watched a table for a little while trying to spot fish and pick up some patterns. I must say it feels weird sitting in a game that I do not expect to be a winner in.

Last edited by Ishbu3116; Jul 07, 2007 at 1:44pm.
Ishbu3116 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 07, 2007, 2:02pm   #2
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbu3116 View Post
Hey guys you know that I decided to spend a week playing Omaha. Well I probably will not dedicate an entire week because I did not check game selection because right now it is pretty poor. I would have to play $2000PL and I am not comfortable doing that yet so it is going to be whenever I can find a decent $1000PL game.

I played about 500 hands today and I must say the game has become much more sophisticated since my last long run at Omaha (about a year ago). I have played some since then but not enough to be able to get a total grip on it. No more just blind brute force but more of a finesse style of a game. So far I am down $2400 but feel like I have played absolutely great. I have not put much money in good (meaning ahead not necessarily a favorite) but in the $10000 in pots or so that decided my wins and losses I came away with about $1500 of it. I just ran horribly. I would guess that my overall equity in those pots was about $4500-$5k but it could be a little more or less.

I have also realized that I have a lot to learn and for the first time in a long time just sat and watched a table for a little while trying to spot fish and pick up some patterns. I must say it feels weird sitting in a game that I do not expect to be a winner in.

I have found the players to be much weaker at the O8 games IMO.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2007, 4:36pm   #3
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
I have found the players to be much weaker at the O8 games IMO.
Yeah i am going to make sure I play some of that as well. That makes perfect sense though because a lot of regular Omaha players stink at the split games.