THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:15am   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Confession: I chased my losses

I played another game of 25nl on Everest and the same old thing happened.. AA lost to 99 all in preflop, I remember how bad I've been running, and I try to bluff someone on a paired board, he calls with top pair and I lose another buy-in.

Then I go to $200NL and I win $28 back... This isn't a good sign. I haven't chased losses in several months and I thought I beat that habit.

Sorry for the low content post, but I wanted to confess.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:18am   #2
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

go for a walk.

no, really.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:34am   #3
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
I played another game of 25nl on Everest and the same old thing happened.. AA lost to 99 all in preflop, I remember how bad I've been running, and I try to bluff someone on a paired board, he calls with top pair and I lose another buy-in.

Then I go to $200NL and I win $28 back... This isn't a good sign. I haven't chased losses in several months and I thought I beat that habit.

You could not go to $50NL or $100NL? Either way chasing losses is just horrible. Hopefully you never do it again.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:11am   #4
HoschH
big river

HoschH is a glorious beacon of lightHoschH is a glorious beacon of lightHoschH is a glorious beacon of lightHoschH is a glorious beacon of lightHoschH is a glorious beacon of lightHoschH is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Bad Idea. Not possible on NL25!
HoschH est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:51pm   #5
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

I know how you feel, a few months back I was in a cold streak and decided to give 100NL a shot. I was fortunate to make a profit of $170 in a session. But the next day my balls were huge and I decided to try it again and lost $50. I took it as a small bankroll gift from the poker gods and never played 100NL under rolled since.

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:53pm   #6
ChilloutNoob
wat

ChilloutNoob is on a distinguished road

Quote:

10 Ave Marias
jayhawkhoops: you're a remarkably talented player, ChilloutNoob. i wish you weren't so rude ... but maybe if i was as good as you, i'd be doing the same. it must be fun knowing that you're better than anybody else at the table, so i really can't blame you
ChilloutNoob est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:49pm   #7
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Priest:
I've done some calculations and apparently at the moment the amount of sins you've made cause me to give out a fractional number of ave maries. So please go out and sin a little more so i can give you a nice round number
Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:34pm   #8
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

Quote:

lol wow at you playing 200NL

Ive really never had the urge to chase losses...dunno why. Maybe I just dont care about the money enough

But at least you have recognised your problem. You are already taking steps to improve yourself and thats only a positive.
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:37pm   #9
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

You can take stabs at pots at this level but never big bluffs. Especially when you've been suckout on already.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote