THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:53am   #1
Ultima
Flop Artist

Ultima is on a distinguished road
Default First royal flush

While playing last night on Titan Poker... Holding the top two cards in my hand, too...
With a flop like that I really didn't think I was gonna get action... but I was lucky in that the other guy hit a hand on the turn and rivered a full house.

Ultima est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 11, 2007, 4:13pm   #2
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

I got my first non-royal straight flush two nights ago -- J high. Sadly, it didn't get to showdown -- I swore that at least two people in my hand were playing for the flush draw, and I thought I'd get action on the turn. Silly me.

I had one royal flush before, which netted me 2k in a progressive jackpot at the Seminole Hardrock -- a nice win for 1/2 FL HE. I was only holding the Jack, though, and didn't get it till the river (tossed it down immediately, not trying to milk the pot, having heard a story about a guy who got the minimum jackpot doing just that, and somebody at another table beating him to the declaration).

Congratulations. It must have been awesome, flopping it like that.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:35pm   #3
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

vnh

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:37am   #4
Ultima
Flop Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
I got my first non-royal straight flush two nights ago -- J high. Sadly, it didn't get to showdown -- I swore that at least two people in my hand were playing for the flush draw, and I thought I'd get action on the turn. Silly me.

I had one royal flush before, which netted me 2k in a progressive jackpot at the Seminole Hardrock -- a nice win for 1/2 FL HE. I was only holding the Jack, though, and didn't get it till the river (tossed it down immediately, not trying to milk the pot, having heard a story about a guy who got the minimum jackpot doing just that, and somebody at another table beating him to the declaration).

Congratulations. It must have been awesome, flopping it like that.
Nice... I was hoping there'd be a jackpot at Titan. No such luck

Actually I didn't realize what I had right away. I thought I had just flopped a flush... then on the turn I looked more closely and realized what I had!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:42am   #5
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

No offence or anything, but why no raise preflop with AKs?
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:34am   #6
Ultima
Flop Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xigol View Post
No offence or anything, but why no raise preflop with AKs?
Didn't feel like it that particular time.... I had been getting a lot of my Cbets called after raising so I wanted to see the flop and then decide.

Oh.. and I felt that raising from where I was would end up with me either only winning the blinds or having someone call my CBets. While if I called i'd have callers behind me and have the chance of flopping something without giving away my hand.

Last edited by Ultima; Jul 12, 2007 at 1:42am.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 2:24am   #7
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

Fair enough
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:38am   #8
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Wow that's lucky flopping it like that, I've had 2 royal flushes. My first was when I first started playing and I turned a J for a royal, it was only 2c/4c limit so I won like 30c from it haha. Second time was in a $5 heads up sng on pacific I rivered the for a royal I think I had, there where trips on the board and the other player made a full house, that was ridiculous full house vs royal flush in a heads up match.
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2007, 1:11am   #9
hutchyw117
Fish

hutchyw117 is on a distinguished road

I got my first Royal Flush 2 nites ago! - But did not get it till the river

Its sick - I win a £30.35 pot with a Jack high straight and win £3.42 with a royal flush!!

O well just getting one made my nite!
hutchyw117 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2007, 5:25am   #10
Ultima
Flop Artist

Wow royal flush vs full house in a heads up match... that's insane.

The best hand I've ever had in a live game was a straight flush. I've also had quads once or twice. Funny cause these hands are usually thousands of hands apart no? But I'm sure I haven't played more than a thousand hands total live . The worst beat I've seen is quads vs a full house.

Yeah flopping it like that was pretty cool. There should be a jackpot for guys who flop royals... though given the number of hands played on the site there would probably be a lot of jackpots. How about just a jackpot for those that FLOP one, like I did