THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:48pm   #1
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold
Default kid's blog

After the success of my monthly blog I decided I'd make this a continuous occurence in the hope that i can look back at my play from the past in order to learn a thing or two.

This log is about improving my play, and discussing hands. I'm more than happy (in fact i encourage), people to post advice and opinions on some of the hands I post so that i can improve my play. I'll do my best to not post any bad beats or anything of that nature, I wont this to be a log where people benefit.

I have been playing online for almost 2 years now.

The situation:

At the moment I play on 4 different sites.

POKEROOM: This is where I started playing for money roughly 2 years ago now. I have been successful on there and it is the softest competition I play against. This is also where the majority of my bankroll is.

BANKROLL: 8339

On here I will be playing mainly 50 dollar tournaments as there is a spread of tourny's through the day around that range. I may splurge and play some slightly bigger tournaments here and there. I will also play the odd satellite to the weekly 300 buy in and the monthly 1k buy in. I may also play a little 100NL if I get the chance, this is mainly to avoid me going 'rusty' so to speak. I don't enjoy ring games as much as tournaments but if i see a juicy table I will sit down.

FULL TILT: This is the most recent site I have joined, probably only a couple of months ago now I think about it. I have been slightly succesful there, depositing around $1500 on there (I think) over the course of about a month.

BANKROLL: 2395

I'm looking at tournaments between 10 and 30 dollars on here. With such big fields, it can be a long time between wins so as a result I will genereally be on the more conservative side when buying in.

POKERSTARS: This is my 3rd website and currently my worst. After winning 2-3 180 man 20 dollar SNG's a while ago, I cashed most of my winnings out and just havent been able to win anything since.

BANKROLL: 531

I'll be playing mainly 20 dollar 180 man sng's. 500 is not enough to play these but I'm not gonna waste my time playing any lower. If i bust on stars, so be it. I just dont win there lol.

MANSION: This has been my most succesful website. After deciding to take advante of the websites 100k guarantee tournament I have been successful and won a large amount of money on here. Most of this I have taken out but I have allowed for some play in the future. The website has recently changed its structure and there are now 20,30 and 50 dollar rebuys 2-3 times a week and the bigger, 100 buy in tournaments are only held 2-3 times a week now. This is instead of running the the 100 buy in, 100k guarantee 7 times a week. Annoying as I have the roll to play the 100 buy in tournaments all the time on here. Oh well. Further, of all the winning froms this site, only half is mine as me and a friend go 50-50 in the buy in's (this was an agreement we made form the beginning).

BANKROLL: 1950

Remember this is only half the bankroll as my friend (brendo) 'owns' the other half. I will only ever report half the total mansion bankroll so that I know exactly where I, personally, am at.

TOTAL BANKROLL: 13215
This is the figure that matters. If this is growing I am happy. Whilst I would love to have an even amount of money across all websites, If I don't I'm not too worried.

One thing that should be remembered is that I dont plan on taking any money out of my accounts any time soon. I want to increase the stakes I play and taking money out doesn't allow that. Beside I have nothing to spend my money on anyway.

Another fact is that because I play mainly high variance mtt's (lots of people) i may go long periods of time without a big win. This is something I need to work on because I HATE logging a losing day, let alone 7 of them in a row.

Overall I would say I will playing most of my poker on full tilt and pokeroom, both under the handle of "c-biz-kid"

I'll proabably play 3-5 times a week depending on how busy I am.

That's all I can think of for now, I think I have introduced where I am at pretty well. Now it's time to try win some money. I'll start tomorrow morning after a good nights sleep.

Finally, feel free to say or write something in this log, that way I don't feel like I'm talking to myself all the time.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:03pm   #2
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Awesome. I look forward to reading it.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 4:16am   #3
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

Sweet!

Loved your last blog. Believe or not, your experiences are very informative and educational for me, a poker player of only four months or so.

Eli
eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 5:06am   #4
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Hideous day today. Standard mtt tournament day where I lost every important pot. I accumulated really well in a couple of tournaments only to be coolered later on.

I wont quote every bankroll on every site as it's to much effort. I'll just give a total figure. In summary of today though, every site I am down lol.

TOTAL BANKROLL:

I'm still in a couple of tournaments on stars but I'll just assume I bust out of them lol.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3075715250: $20 + $2 Sit & Go (23493587), Table 2 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:34:43 ET - 2007/07/27
Seat 1: c-biz-kid (2,970)
Seat 2: stirfry56 (2,925)
Seat 3: dragonraja (1,830)
Seat 4: HAYDEN65 (4,020)
Seat 5: LMNOPWXYZ (3,285)
Seat 6: willstingyou (3,030)
Seat 7: FlaDreamin (2,970)
Seat 8: mbr1121 (3,000)
Seat 9: blues50 (2,970)
LMNOPWXYZ posts the small blind of 15
willstingyou posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to c-biz-kid [Qh Qs]
FlaDreamin folds
mbr1121 folds
blues50 calls 30
c-biz-kid raises to 125
stirfry56 folds
dragonraja folds
HAYDEN65 calls 125
LMNOPWXYZ folds
willstingyou folds
blues50 calls 95
*** FLOP *** [2c 7h Ts]
blues50 checks
c-biz-kid bets 250
HAYDEN65 folds
blues50 calls 250
*** TURN *** [2c 7h Ts] [Ac]
blues50 has 15 seconds left to act
blues50 bets 930
c-biz-kid has 15 seconds left to act
c-biz-kid raises to 2,595, and is all in
blues50 calls 1,665, and is all in
c-biz-kid shows [Qh Qs]
blues50 shows [7d Ad]
*** RIVER *** [2c 7h Ts Ac] [8d]
c-biz-kid shows a pair of Queens
blues50 shows two pair, Aces and Sevens
blues50 wins the pot (6,110) with two pair, Aces and Sevens
c-biz-kid stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,110 | Rake 0
Board: [2c 7h Ts Ac 8d]
Seat 1: c-biz-kid showed [Qh Qs] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 2: stirfry56 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: dragonraja didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: HAYDEN65 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: LMNOPWXYZ (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: willstingyou (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: FlaDreamin didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: mbr1121 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: blues50 showed [7d Ad] and won (6,110) with two pair, Aces and

This hand was an intersting one. I was shocked he led for a pot bet with two pair. I honestly thought he was bluffing. In hindsight, probably a bad move yet he could so easily be bluffing that ace. oh well.

Old Jul 28, 2007, 5:31pm   #5
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

When you post your total bankroll figure you should do a +/- from your original 13215....just a suggestion. After I finihsed reading I had to scroll back and all that extra mouse movement and the tedium of doing simple substraction was almost too much for me to handle.
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:03pm   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

When you say you play on pokerroom, do you actually pokerroom.com or just their network?

overall seems like you are doing a good job playing

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:14am   #7
kid hustlr
Professional

It is pokerroom.com but that is apart of the ongame network isnt it? I play on the site which has the BIg Deal once a week and the Grand tournament once a month.

I will post a positive or negative sign next to my BR from now on. As of now, it's a negative sign lol

Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:50am   #8
kid hustlr
Professional

Played great today. Really Really well. Couldn't get any luck late in a 90 man 20 dollar sng on tilt (lost to KJ vs AT's or something to that nature).

Lost a huge pot on stars when AA got cracked by 88 with 4 left in a 180 man sng. Profitable day but I deserved much more. Im hurting right now because I really deserved that stars tournament. I made one terrible call with A9 suited 4 way but other than that I was just over the moon with my play.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3086861518: $20 + $2 Sit & Go (23566045), Table 1 - 400/800 Ante 100 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:10:36 ET - 2007/07/28
Seat 1: c-biz-kid (7,240)
Seat 2: Demis John (21,275)
Seat 3: MileKitic11 (17,380)
Seat 5: briantran28 (12,625)
Seat 8: russboy78 (32,140)
Seat 9: Irish Craig (26,310)
c-biz-kid antes 100
Demis John antes 100
MileKitic11 antes 100
briantran28 antes 100
russboy78 antes 100
Irish Craig antes 100
Irish Craig posts the small blind of 400
c-biz-kid posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to c-biz-kid [Kc Qh]
Demis John folds
MileKitic11 raises to 2,400
briantran28 folds
russboy78 folds
Irish Craig folds
c-biz-kid calls 1,600
*** FLOP *** [5h 6s 3d]
c-biz-kid bets 4,740, and is all in
MileKitic11 folds
Uncalled bet of 4,740 returned to c-biz-kid
c-biz-kid mucks
c-biz-kid wins the pot (5,800)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,800 | Rake 0
Board: [5h 6s 3d]
Seat 1: c-biz-kid (big blind) collected (5,800), mucked
Seat 2: Demis John folded before the Flop
Seat 3: MileKitic11 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: briantran28 folded before the Flop
Seat 8: russboy78 (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Irish Craig (small blind) folded before the Flop

This is a perfect example of how well I accumulated chips today without going to showdowns. Something I've been working on and I definately did it well today.

PokerStars Game #11190752464: Tournament #56752634, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (1500/3000) - 2007/07/28 - 23:23:53 (ET)
Table '56752634 5' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 4: claaaams (61292 in chips)
Seat 5: Shasta_Joe (68682 in chips)
Seat 7: kid hustlr (90954 in chips)
Seat 8: 1daaniboY (49072 in chips)
claaaams: posts the ante 300
Shasta_Joe: posts the ante 300
kid hustlr: posts the ante 300
1daaniboY: posts the ante 300
1daaniboY: posts small blind 1500
claaaams: posts big blind 3000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to kid hustlr [Ah 9h]
Shasta_Joe: folds
kid hustlr: raises 5250 to 8250
1daaniboY: raises 40522 to 48772 and is all-in
claaaams: folds
kid hustlr: calls 40522
*** FLOP *** [6h 5s 6s]
*** TURN *** [6h 5s 6s] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [6h 5s 6s Js] [8c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
1daaniboY: shows [Qd Qs] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
kid hustlr: shows [Ah 9h] (a pair of Sixes)
1daaniboY collected 101744 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 101744 | Rake 0
Board [6h 5s 6s Js 8c]
Seat 4: claaaams (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Shasta_Joe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: kid hustlr (button) showed [Ah 9h] and lost with a pair of Sixes
Seat 8: 1daaniboY (small blind) showed [Qd Qs] and won (101744) with two pair, Queens and Sixes

This is one of the worst call's I will make but that guy had re-stolen off me so often it was sick. Was shocked when he showed QQ.

BANKROLL:
STARS: 704
TILIT: 2372
POKEROOM: 8123
MANSION: 1960

TOTAL: 13159 (-34)

Don't feel like typing right now. Way too annoyed.

Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:11am   #9
kid hustlr
Professional

The plan:

Will play the night tournaments tonight (50 dollar on pokeroom, 33 on stars, 24 on tilt, as well as some others) and then get up tomorrow morning and do another poker session then, Will probably play between 15 and 20 tournaments in the next 24 hours so I will post an update after I'm done.

Also quick congrat's to brendo who took down the brazilian 50 dollar daily on pokeroom for just over 3700.

Hopefully I can do something simlar soon!

Old Jul 31, 2007, 3:48am   #10
kid hustlr
Professional

A terrible 24 hours of poker. Nothing went my way. Nothing. I just felt my little edges oves the field weren't justified over the last couple of days. Players limp shoving 66 after I raise with AK. Plays that are -EV in the long run yet worked for them on this occasion. Oh well. It happens. My next big win could be right around the corner.

BANKROLL:

FULL TILT: 2296
STARS: 545
POKEROOM: 7766
MANSION: 1882

TOTAL: 12489 (-636)

Yuk, lots of tourny's no wins.

I'm ITM in a 24 dollar on full tilt as we speak but there is still along way to go.

Might take a break for a couple of days, I've played a lot of poker in the last 24 hours.