THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:19pm   #1
IIMadakII
Fish

IIMadakII is on a distinguished road
Default preflop/flop

okay, example I have on preflop, guy1 raise by $0.25 (I play on micro tables), so I raise to 1$, guy1 calls, the flop is: , the guy raise to 0.50$ on flop (this probably means he have a pair on his hand) anyawy, So, should I fold or call/raise?
This sh*t happends about 80% of the time I have good cards on preflop and when I raises, this kinda make me lose chips in the long run, cuz as soon as the flop is bad, and someone raises, I fold. And when 80% of the time I have good cards, the flop isnt helping me I fold and probalby lose about 0.50$ because I have raise the preflop. with AK I should probably just call his raise and then look at the flop and then make a decision, if the flop was 7,4,9, I should fold if he raises right?

Last edited by IIMadakII; Aug 17, 2007 at 12:22pm.
IIMadakII est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:48pm   #2
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Post a hand history, it's much better and much clearer.

You really should get a poker book like Harrington on Hold'em where he explains what a poker hand is. You're missing a few key elements here :
-position
-stack sizes (and blind sizes, i assume it's 2/5c)
-image : is your villain tight or a donkey
-reads: does he bet weak when he has a hand? does he fold to a raise?

Assuming $5 stacks you're correct to raise because :
-you will takedown the pot preflop some of the time
-you are going to take it down on the flop with a continuation bet some of the time
-you are going to stack somebody when you hit an ace or king, so you're building a big pot when you've got a big hand.

With Ak you'll hit a flop 30% of the time. It's correct to fold to a bet (a raise happens after someone bets, so he cant raise to 0.5 before you bet) when you miss.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:03pm   #3
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMadakII View Post
okay, example I have on preflop, guy1 raise by $0.25 (I play on micro tables), so I raise to 1$, guy1 calls, the flop is: , the guy raise to 0.50$ on flop (this probably means he have a pair on his hand) anyawy, So, should I fold or call/raise?
This sh*t happends about 80% of the time I have good cards on preflop and when I raises, this kinda make me lose chips in the long run, cuz as soon as the flop is bad, and someone raises, I fold. And when 80% of the time I have good cards, the flop isnt helping me I fold and probalby lose about 0.50$ because I have raise the preflop. with AK I should probably just call his raise and then look at the flop and then make a decision, if the flop was 7,4,9, I should fold if he raises right?

You dont have to fold, or call his bet there is a third option. You can raise, you can play it like you would QQ+ or AJ. Folding is fine, raising is good, calling is bad.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote