THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:15pm   #1
Blade
Flop Artist

Blade
Default Heads up, need your opinions

6 handed game, at the end heads up. Me and lets say "Chimp" are heads up, he has a few more chips than me. 30000 chips on the board.

Blinds are high and he's betting 3-4 times the big blind every single hand. Blinds are 400-800. I'm 800 he's 400, raises to 3400. I go allin A 4, he calls 10 9. Turns the straight for him, otherwise high card was probably winning it. Should I have played it differently? I was going to get blinded out eventually otherwise, I'd given him thousands in blinds already.

He's slightly big stacked on me thanks to his blind stealing antics. I reraise allin, he calls on 10 9 offsuit.

Whos play is worse?

Last edited by Blade; Aug 18, 2007 at 1:20pm.
Blade est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 18, 2007, 3:30pm   #2
Blappo78
Flop Artist

Blappo78 is on a distinguished road

If he is raising ATC then A4 is good enough to shove since your stack is well below 15k. His call is questionable depending on the odds he was getting because you were folding every previous hand. Ace small or an underpair is probably the worst hand he could have been up against given your previous play. If you were in the BB another play would be to call and push any flop (assuming your stack was around 10k).

You probably should have been more aggressive in the previous hands. Limping on the button (unsure if you did this often) is an invitation to raise. Unfortunately the stacks are too short to 3-bet without going AI so you need a hand with some showdown potential unless you are sure he will fold. Once you realized he was raising with anything the game becomes a crap shoot and you need to call with any pair Ax, Kx or broadway.

Unfortunately his strategy isn't that horrible when the blinds are so large compared to the stacks. If his opponent is tight or is getting bad cards then he will quickly gain the lead. Otherwise his chances are 33% if he is against overcards and 20% against an overpair. Plus he can never get outplayed post-flop.
Blappo78 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 4:22pm   #3
Blade
Flop Artist

Blade

I played him heads up when the game was finished.

5000 chips each, 10-20 blinds.

I was big blind for 20, he raises to 120, I reraise to 500 total, he goes allin.

AA vs J 9. OWNED HIS ASS!

By the way, thanks for the post. Sounds like you really know your shit.
If I did shove the flop he had the up and down straight draw and would have called it for sure anyway, so either play would have left me with nothing. Other than that, I could have and probably should have folded. The guy was a bit boozed up so there wasn't much I could do. If I tried anything, didn't matter he was going to play his stack and I wasn't getting cards.

Last edited by Blade; Aug 18, 2007 at 4:25pm.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:47pm   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

you want allin with the best and got called...
you know its exactly how you win at poker right ? ;)
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:22am   #5
Blade
Flop Artist

Blade

Yeah. Thanks.

I only made the post because the guy was telling me heads up 9 10 offsuit has higher % chance of winning preflop than A 4. He got his logic from a bottle of wine. Hahaha. We looked it up and he admits he was wrong now. That same guy has been on an incredible winning streak, damn it hurts.

Another shorthanded game we played I had A Q off suit, flop AA4.

I raised and got reraised, checked the turn which was a 10(sure she had an ace to reraise me on that flop). River was a J. She flips over KQ for an ace high straight. Ouuuuch. Next hand I had A 10. Flop 2 6 10, go allin some dude almost folds(I think it's because he missed the flop) so I open my mouth and tell him my allin actually isn't that many chips. He calls with QQ. lol