THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:35pm   #21
camisabob
River Rat

camisabob is on a distinguished road

i havent read all the posts, but hey, thats poker...

It's really that simple... Dont give ur bad beats that much attention and u gonna master the toughest thing in poker...

but i am sure u already know that and i am makin a fool of myself tellin u that...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 25, 2007, 9:32pm   #22
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

You probly wanna raise more preflop methinks.

Amirite?
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:00am   #23
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Skep can u go into a little more detail about that last thought.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 1:16am   #24
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptix82 View Post
You probly wanna raise more preflop methinks.

Amirite?
Maybe. But how much more? And please don't insult me by saying 'and if you do that... you don't lose!' or some other obvious falsity.

I liked the pf raise personally. I didn't expect the BB to come along, but I was planning to play this pot post-flop rather than commit myself pf. This way, if the flop hits an ace and I bet out and he pushes, I'm not commited to stack off. Also, I'm encouraging him to make a mistake on the flop (irony of ironies) by not making the raise so huge he has to fold everything but AA/KK/AK pf.

Don't forget when evaluating the pf raise, his was a smaller raise to open it, so I don't have to be re-raising to 9x the BB total or something, because he barely made more than a minraise. So my raise should naturally be somewhere between a standard opening raise (2.5 to 3x BB) and a standard 3-bet (7 to 9x BB), obviously being much closer to a 3bet. I made it 7200 total pf, which is 6x exactly.

So how you would have played it that is so different?

Personally, I think I owned this guy badly, and the only reason he called was (1) he's a horrible donk, (2) he couldn't drop TP to save his life, and (3) he waited until like 5 seconds were left in his timebank, proving that (2) is likely the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:46am   #25
SevenToo
Grinder

SevenToo

really sick, wish i could tell some better storys but i m all out of poker luck since months.
win some, then lose it all to ridicolouses draws of the century etc etc blabla..

not even 1 or two outers though, soooo there is still hope.

good luck evryone, money is out there to be won !