THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:21pm   #81
Garso
Professional

Garso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSPoker21 View Post
I too would like to vote in the thread.
Me too, but on the other side shads is right: if 20 villagers vote and half of them change their vote later, then there are like 30 posts just for voting.
Garso est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:27pm   #82
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

right, but what does that bring to the table strategy-wise besides clutter? We have a preliminary vote system to show who everyone is going to vote for. Additionaly, this system is used as a tie-breaker, which gives incentive to use it correctly.

If your argument against the PM system is people are being too "secretive" by sending the mod their votes five minutes before the deadline, voting in the thread won't solve that. Those same secretive people will just have every vote timestamped five minutes before the deadline.

How too would you handle changing of votes? Not allowed? Some limit? Having the voting in the thread seems like more work for the Mod, since he has to read through pages of pages of threads with some junk to get the votes of all 21 people. Then, if people are indecisive he has to change that persons vote over and over again.... Seems easier to just look at your messages and see "I vote for Timbilo. Final vote" in the subject line from so and so....
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:37pm   #83
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it to early to post my 3 reasons why we should hang TWLLM?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:41pm   #84
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

Reason 1 being - He isn't playing, which is just what a wolf would do to throw us off his trail!
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:52pm   #85
Bonsai29
fortune´s biggest pimp

Bonsai29 has a spectacular aura aboutBonsai29 has a spectacular aura aboutBonsai29 has a spectacular aura about

i think it should be forbidden for the wolves to lie ... i mean, if u ask one and he says "no ... i´m a villager (pirate)" than the god (2mM) must kill him with a lightning (orsomething like that) ....

all that lies makes me sad
"I wouldn't be so quick to blame TV poker. I would wager it's something more in the neighborhood of poor upbringing / sub-par schools / eating paint chips and other various household toxins. If they didn't have poker to yell (or type) nonsensically about, they would just stand on the street corner and scream obscenities." zolaboy
---

"building a huge catapult clearly is the best solution here"

2muchMoney

Bonsai29 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:54pm   #86
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbilo View Post
right, but what does that bring to the table strategy-wise besides clutter?...

...How too would you handle changing of votes? Not allowed? Some limit?
In the 2+2 games where they have voting in the thread, they decide the hangee based on a true majority rule. So, people can change their votes up until the time when half the people have voted for one player. There are not fixed time limits, the day lasts until there is a majority. An advatnage, I think, is that it avoids the situation where only 2/3 of the players vote in time and then the hangee is just the plurality of those votes. It could be the case that someone gets lynched with only 3-4 votes out of 15 players. I think this "plurality rule" gives an advantage to the wolves who can coordinate their 4 votes.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:01pm   #87
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjitsu View Post
Reason 1 being - He isn't playing, which is just what a wolf would do to throw us off his tail!

FYP

The old I'm not playing defence wont fly here...hang him I say.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:02pm   #88
acehole_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
In the 2+2 games where they have voting in the thread, they decide the hangee based on a true majority rule. So, people can change their votes up until the time when half the people have voted for one player. There are not fixed time limits, the day lasts until there is a majority. An advatnage, I think, is that it avoids the situation where only 2/3 of the players vote in time and then the hangee is just the plurality of those votes. It could be the case that someone gets lynched with only 3-4 votes out of 15 players. I think this "plurality rule" gives an advantage to the wolves who can coordinate their 4 votes.

Fuck 2+2...

Kc
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:01pm   #89
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Ahh I see. Thanks for the articulation. Maybe next game we can give it a go with the thread voting.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote