THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 03, 2007, 9:11pm   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Acheived a goal part 3

Okay so on March 1st I moved to $25 NL when my roll hit $750. As of today I have $1,750 which means I'm going to start trying out the $50 NL tables.

Lately I've been playing three tables at a time, which helps me concentrate and make better decisions. Truth be told, I've been running a lot better than in recent months.

What do you think is the best thing for me to do, play 3 tables of $50 NL, just one with two $25 NL running simutaneously, or should I go back to one tabling?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 03, 2007, 9:54pm   #2
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

whatever makes you confortable.

When I move up since 400NL, I play a few hundreds hands FR if I can find a good table/seat.

Then I play my normal stakes but if I find a good table at the level Im aiming to move up, Ill join. Just to make things smooth. Obviously its easier to move up all of a sudden to 50NL because there are enough table to select good ones. Where I play, sometimes theres not much tables at all
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 9:29am   #3
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
As of today I have $1,750 which means I'm going to start trying out the $50 NL tables.
Congratulations man - looks like you got over your downswing and made the next step. Don't forget though, that while your variance may increase in $ it works just the same as always!

Good luck.
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 12:47pm   #4
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

COngratulations. You probably know that in your shoes i would have been playing 50nl for ages now, but to each his own i guess.

I'd go with 3 tables @50nl. It's much easier to play if the limit is the same and youre always raising the same numbers preflop (2$ for instance). I'd also stick with 3 tables since i for one tend to go fancy if i play just one or two tables and lag it up really bad..

Good luck and i hope that you start on a heater .
Old Sep 04, 2007, 3:54pm   #5
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza View Post
start on a heater .
Best tips ever!

No shame in moving down for a few hands if you lose a couple buyins at 50NL too. Losing 'double buyin' is pretty tilt friendly
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 4:05pm   #6
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Its great to hear that your swing is in the right direction again and quite quickly to the level up!

Keep on keeping on
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote