THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Sep 04, 2007, 6:05pm   #11
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

If I were guessing in the end, my high end guess would be AQ, but more likely something like 88.

Given the pot size the board, and the way it played out, I think a set is an auto super insta call there.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 04, 2007, 8:10pm   #12
seedload
Grinder

seedload is on a distinguished road

Good story. It's nice to bump heads with celebrities and come out ahead and to be able to tell a story about it. Even if you don't care about celebrities ;)

This story is sorta like the fictional depiction of Johnny Chan folding to one SB pre-flop in a limit game after the pot was raised multiple times in Rounders. Johnny asks, "Did you have it?" The answer should have been, "It doesn't matter, Johnny, we all know you would call that bet with ATC in real life."

It doesn't matter James, if you really have a set, you would call regardless.

Good story though.
seedload est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 8:34pm   #13
danr
Brunson

danr

So you thought it was highly likely he had TT or JJ, then a T flops and when a J turns, you push?
danr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2007, 8:47pm   #14
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by danr View Post
So you thought it was highly likely he had TT or JJ, then a T flops and when a J turns, you push?
lol !

Funny I didnt even tought about it. Obviously trying to push off celebreties off sets repping the flush while laying down 4 to 1 or something is pretty risky. Lucky you, your reads wasnt good
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2007, 9:52pm   #15
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

LOL, well i guess i was torn a new one there. but i honestly didn't think he hit a set on the flop. as it happened live, he showed his laydown to a body guard, which the body guard nodded in agreement, so i believed him when he said set.

...ya thats just about all i could guess from woods. ak or aq UTG is the only non-pair i think he would play there.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote