THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:19am   #51
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

Good to hear about your 1st place finish Blade. Listen to what Skeptix says. He wins like half the tournaments he plays.
eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:10pm   #52
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
so u bust out of ten tournaments then WIN the 11th one?

and you are complaining??

Axis ty for that quote I will now make it my signature
Glad I could be of service.
Take anything out of context and it sounds unreasonable. When a player is constantly pushing pre-flop and losing then advice like "keep it up" or "it's bound to work sometime" is hardly quality advice. He was obviously making bad decisions at improper times against players that weren't backing down and folding to his pre-flop raises, hence the suggestion to give them a chance to fold later in the hand. What he was doing wasn't working for him. I told him to change it up. It sounds like you say stay the course. Whatever...

You will read into my comments the way you want to read into them. There is nothing I can do about that. If you lose 10 pushes in a row, well hell, 11 is my lucky number.

Enjoy the quote.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:00am   #53
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the score Blade.

AoE, some of your advice is factually incorrect, but I don't find it particularly funny or something I want to personally ridicule. I do, however, admit that I get a kick out of some of the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 8:07am   #54
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

I like walking into threads late. It's like watching an entire season of your favorite show at once.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:34pm   #55
seedload
Grinder

seedload is on a distinguished road

Nice Job, Blade!

I just want to point out one thing. There are lots of hands in tournaments. Hands you win when you are ahead. Some hands you win when you are behind. And there are the hands that go the other way. These hands just happen and get lost in the muck of your memory. Often, you get a short stack and have to push hands. When you do, you sometimes win and you sometimes lose. You are often ahead when you push but your opponent often has to call when he is behind. You usually win these and stay alive, but sometimes you don't.

When you don't win the hand, one thing is always the same. It is the last hand you played! You are done and knocked out. It is the last hand. You were probably ahead. And, you lost when you were ahead. You remember it because it was the last hand. You were ahead and got sucked out on to lose and it is the last hand you played. The bust out hand. The one you remember. You forget the ones that kept you alive before that one. But you remember these last hands and can even list them all for us.

Reading between the lines of your posts, I see a player who gets himself short by playing too tight and then HAS to push his short stack. I may be wrong, but that is what I see. Players like this end up getting it all in a lot for their tournament lives when the bubble comes. And, when they do get 3 outed to bust out, they remember. But that is the nature of tournament poker.

You can't just list hands that you bust out on as evidence that you are running bad. If you bust out, you always lose the hand. You can't make a statistical sample by listing hands that are all losers! If anything, listing a bunch of hands that you bust out on in which you are always ahead just shows that you are probably playing too tight. You should have been behind on some of those hands.

Sorry for going another direction after your great win but I just wanted to give you something useful (maybe) to think about.

Anyway, good Luck and congratulations again!
seedload est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:29am   #56
Blade
Flop Artist

Blade

Thanks for the reply Seedload, much appriciated and I do respect your comments and from what I read your play and experience also sounds respectable.

I don't get low from playing too tight unless it's a turbo tournament which I don't play that often anyway. Often I'm not shortstacked in the hands such as AA vs KK. The latest bubble was JJ vs 77, he rivered. I'm building my bankroll back up from the freeroll win(I won $375 and I'm at $650 since then). I also busted out of a tournament, while having a good sized stack KK vs A9. I didn't push it all in preflop, either. I raised big preflop, 1 caller.
The flop came down and no ace, flush or or straigh draws. Then I pushed it in, he called ace high and turned an ace.

I had to rant before because I went completely bust going in winning.

What I'll do is watch the table, learn what cards the player will usually play. If they raise Ace + crap, if they min raise AA, whatever. Usually I've got a good range of what the player has and I'm usually right which is why I might push JJ, or whatever.

Now that my roll is a little bit healthier, I can see how much an ass I look like with the heartbreaking post I made earlier. Now that I'm bankrolled a little smarter I can bust in a $5-20 dollar game and not sweat it. Actually I enjoy busting out on the winning hand. It makes you feel all giddy like, because most of the time you will come out on top. Before it wasn't about most of the time. I needed to pull through on those hands or I was bust and I couldn't stay afloat even with AA.

Thanks for the comments anyway, all of you. I'm always learning more and improving my play, and it's alot to do with other players and what you pick up from them. So yeah, cheers again.
Blade est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:31am   #57
Blade
Flop Artist

Blade

Update, small stack just pushed A5, I called with JJ since everyone else folded. He flopped the ace, but you know what... I FUCKIN RIVERED A JACK ON HIS ASS. ;)
Blade est déconnecté   Reply With Quote