THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 03, 2007, 4:24am   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default $50 NL - Aces meet ugly river

Reads on villian - Aggressive preflop, can't fold top pair.

PokerStars Game #12406114326: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/10/02 - 23:16:21 (ET)
Table 'Tombaugh' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: jkeefe7272 ($4.30 in chips)
Seat 2: mthead3 ($29.55 in chips)
Seat 3: cowboy200650 ($65.85 in chips)
Seat 4: hurtchow ($84.15 in chips)
Seat 5: dumbjoseph ($58.20 in chips)
hurtchow: posts small blind $0.25
dumbjoseph: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hurtchow [Ad Ac]
jkeefe7272: folds
mthead3: calls $0.50
cowboy200650: raises $1.50 to $2
hurtchow: raises $6 to $8
dumbjoseph: folds
mthead3: folds
cowboy200650: calls $6
*** FLOP *** [6h Kh 7c]
hurtchow: bets $11
cowboy200650: calls $11
*** TURN *** [6h Kh 7c] [9s]
hurtchow: bets $24.50
cowboy200650: calls $24.50
*** RIVER *** [6h Kh 7c 9s] [9h]
hurtchow ????

Villian has $25 left.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 03, 2007, 4:25am   #2
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Check/call or bet $25 is easy enough. If he really doesn't fold TP, shoving the turn isn't bad either. Either way, I'm not folding AA in a 3-bet pot with a calling station.
Old Oct 03, 2007, 4:32am   #3
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

The cocksucker had AJ of hearts and instantly bailed... I'm so sick of losing all the time.
Old Oct 03, 2007, 4:43am   #4
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
The cocksucker had AJ of hearts and instantly bailed... I'm so sick of losing all the time.
Well obv. that's why you posted but anytime you have a guy get more than 1/2 of his stack in with flush draw on flop+turn, you're good, which makes check/call a little bit easier since it draws bluffs sometimes but you lose value out of AK
Old Oct 03, 2007, 2:25pm   #5
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

A little more on the flop (13-15), then more on the turn and you shouldn't even be thinking about not getting it in anymore.

as played shove river.

If you think a large c/bet will be bad, than you can make a raise enticing bet of like 1/2 pot. But on a K76 flop there aren't many so so hands for the villain. either he hit the king or he didn't, and if he did you can bet pot.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2007, 2:29pm   #6
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Villain paid way to much to draw to the flush, so you have won Sklansky dollars.

You played the hand fine, just got outdrawn. It happens. But when it happens lots after you have just moved up a level, it starts to bite. I know your pain.

I had a terrible case of tilt and suckouts when I first moved up to $50NL. I couldn't understand why I was crushing the level below but getting spanked at the one above. Didn't seem like players where that much better to me.

Well they weren't. I was playing badly, affected by the bigger pot sizes and went on tilt. I dropped down again for a month or two, got my head straight, moved up and now I am crushing the $50NL.

Stick at it buddy.