THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:04am   #1
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default SNG sofware.

Is there any Must have SNG software (like pokertracker for cash games) ?

I am thinking about re playing SNG seriously and would be interested if there are some kind of software that would give an edge.
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:08am   #2
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you should definetely buy an ICM tool like:EDIT:
can't say i tried all of them but fwiw i like sngwiz because it suports most sites and has a nice user interface

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

Last edited by 2muchMONEY; Oct 18, 2007 at 5:10am.
2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:26am   #3
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47

Ok thank you.

From what I have read it seems that basically the software kinda tells you what to do.

I am assuming in SNG as its not deep stacked its quite like limit so that kind of software may be able to beat the game but then how come people who came up with that dont just make bots with it ?
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:36am   #4
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb47 View Post
Ok thank you.

From what I have read it seems that basically the software kinda tells you what to do.

I am assuming in SNG as its not deep stacked its quite like limit so that kind of software may be able to beat the game but then how come people who came up with that dont just make bots with it ?
it helps you to learn what to do in the endgame when the blinds are high compared to your stack when most of the time its either a push or a fold. but early on when you still have a high M there is obv more to consider.

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:42am   #5
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb47 View Post
They could easily make bots, but I guess the combination of high ethics and being afraid of getting caught keeps them from doing it.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:57pm   #6
bluejays
Doyle Look-alike

bluejays will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchMONEY View Post
you should definetely buy an ICM tool like:EDIT:
can't say i tried all of them but fwiw i like sngwiz because it suports most sites and has a nice user interface

Which one of these tools is regarded as the most useful/popular? Has anyone used these tools succesfully and regards them as improving their gameplay and results significantly for SNG?

I would be interested in purchsing one of these but would want to have some idea as to which one is regarded as the most useful.
bluejays est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:07pm   #7
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post

I would be interested in purchasing one of these but would want to have some idea as to which one is regarded as the most useful.

eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:19pm   #8
Bokunori
Grinder

Bokunori

I'd use an ICM calculator, along with something like pokerstove, to see what type of hands I can call an all in shove range with (What % chance you need to win a pot to make calling profitable, $EV wise). For late game push / fold decisions, I'd use SNGwiz, since it illustrates the ideas of pushing standard situations (Unopened SB, or button), and also shows the great value in open shoving a lot more hands in other situations. Just make sure to manipulate the calling ranges when looking at different situations.
Bokunori est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:45pm   #9
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

SNGwiz is the best one (unless one of the others has closed the gap in the last 6 months or so). SNGwiz can analyze more situations than the others, and do so more accurately. It is also free for 30 days. It is more expensive, though.

I have used SNGwiz and it significantly improved my STT-play.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote