THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:53pm   #31
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
I'd think I can fold AA here, since even tripling up leaves me short stacked (I assume, Axis never said what the other stacks actually had)
FYP

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:14pm   #32
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
You can play it how ever you want, I insta call here with AA. As long as the chip leader is somone I feel I can out play if I can double up 2 more times. I dont feel the big stack wins often enough here. Mostly you just move up one spot, or none if two middle stacks tie, but beat the big stack, then you get blinded out.
So you jeopardize a nearly guaranteed additional $400,000 for some misquided notion that a good player only plays to win? A fold gets you third place. A call may put you out in 5th with a loss, and a win doesn't really change anything. To quote Mr. Sklansky: "I have great sympathy for those who play in tournaments mainly to win them, without regard for conserving their chances to win a high place below first."

Now the chances you ever end up in a situation where you are folding such a great hand are very slim, but my example should end the debate that there are sitautions where anything but a fold is wrong.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:30pm   #33
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
The first sentence says the leader has 2 mil and 3 others have 1 mil. So winning this hand leaves a stack of 2 mil and 2,910,000 to your 120,000. Not playing it puts you in nearly the same position, but with a much higher payout guarantee, assuming there isn't a highly improbable three-way tie.
My bad. Whoops.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:33am   #34
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
So you jeopardize a nearly guaranteed additional $400,000 for some misquided notion that a good player only plays to win? A fold gets you third place. A call may put you out in 5th with a loss, and a win doesn't really change anything. To quote Mr. Sklansky: "I have great sympathy for those who play in tournaments mainly to win them, without regard for conserving their chances to win a high place below first."

Now the chances you ever end up in a situation where you are folding such a great hand are very slim, but my example should end the debate that there are sitautions where anything but a fold is wrong.

Why do you get thrid if you fold? Does the chip leader have to win? One of the middle stacks win CL is still in. You get 4th. Very lickly senerio most likly senerio really.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:04am   #35
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Going back to the OP.

I have played a decent amount of $4.40 180 man games.

I don't even think about this hand KK is an insta-call. 1 in 10 they may actually have AA - usually its AK at BEST!

If you are not prepared to go with KK in this spot then your game needs to be looked at in regards 4.40 180 man games.

The key is selective aggression and KK is the perfect hand to fire with.

I'm not saying poker wise I would always insta-push my KK. But in this situation and this game specifically I would have 0 hesitation.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 4:34am   #36
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Why do you get thrid if you fold? Does the chip leader have to win? One of the middle stacks win CL is still in. You get 4th. Very lickly senerio most likly senerio really.
If three players with equal chip stacks are all-in, barring a tie, only one will survive, and two get knocked out, thereby advancing your position from 5th to 3rd. Again, an unlikely scenario but an example of folding a huge hand and food for thought at any final table. Otherwise, push.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 6:16am   #37
Xigol
Grinder

Xigol
Send a message via MSN to Xigol

Acehole, i have to agree with AoE. Surely you cannot seriously call with AA in that scenario. It is -EV in terms of actual monetary value, not 'chips'. While sure there is no gurantee that there wont be a 3 way tie, the chances are against that.

AA doesnt have that big an edge against 3 players anyway.
Xigol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote