German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Nov 23, 2007, 3:28pm   #21
Grailer
Banned

Grailer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssta View Post
Why is that a real bad beat? (I assume you mean the straight flush against the nut flush)...

I think he's calling there all day. He has an open ended straight flush draw, and a made flush. You do NOT have to have a great hand to push there. At the limits you play you could eaily be making that move with 2 pair, AK off suit, etc. I'm probably calling your push here most of the time at those stakes.

He has a gutshot straight flush (1 outer ) . I hope you do call me most of the time when I shove because that means you lose 95% of the time .

Makes me a very very rich person. I add you to my buddy list
Grailer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 23, 2007, 3:35pm   #22
ssta
Doyle Look-alike

ssta will become famous soon enoughssta will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
He has a gutshot straight flush (1 outer ) . I hope you do call me most of the time when I shove because that means you lose 95% of the time .

Makes me a very very rich person. I add you to my buddy list
Assuming that you HAVE the nut flush when you push. I don't necessarily put you on a nut flush here...or even a flush.

Someone with the nuts here generally bets less because they want a call. Often a push there is trying to protect a vulnerable hand.

But please, playing like that, *definitely* add me to your buddy list! Wanna play HU4ROLLZ?
ssta est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:06pm   #23
Drewbles
Doyle Look-alike

Drewbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The cool thing about the first hand .. is that even tho I have 31% chance to win going to river . Im getting 2 to 1 on my money . That would make it a good move correct?
It would be almost a break even move if you had called an all in + a caller. Your pot odds dont even come into play when you are semi-bluffing. The only reason you had the correct odds to draw was because you got 2 calls. You need fold equity for that play to show a profit, but obviously you don't have it at these stakes. At these stakes, most of the time its better to just call and shove when you hit. You'll still get paid off at this level and you won't lose a buy-in when you miss.

Im not saying your play was bad in general. It was just bad for the stakes you are playing at. My signature says it all.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:04pm   #24
Grailer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssta View Post
Someone with the nuts here generally bets less because they want a call. Often a push there is trying to protect a vulnerable hand.
You hit the nail on the head. Which is exactly what I was hoping he would be thinking when I shoved

Last edited by Grailer; Nov 23, 2007 at 8:06pm.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:42pm   #25
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

He is posting for kicks. From the last forum he was at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardmania

It's time to go........Grailer

Posted: 11-14-2007 09:59 PM

I would like Macio, NEE, trs, MadMat, tim, smot, and anyone alse to please explain to me why you keep on replying to Grailer's threads? Especially when most of you have said at one time or another that you would never reply to his threads ever again.

It seems to me that he is having a great old time stringing you all along with his silly threads. How about we all agree to a blanket ban on replying to Grailer and he will have to leave our good forum alone eventually.

We must all be vigilant though and not reply, no matter how ridiculous his posts or playing style is. If anyone is stupid enough to follow his style of paying off donks (Grailer's words)regularly, or enjoy winning some pots by playing a donk/rookie style akin to Grailer, good luck to them I say.

Make a pledge today by replying to this thread and solemnly swearing that you will never ever under any circumstances post to one of Grailer's threads again.

I feel like I have exorcised my Grailer demons and can move on now. Pledge now! You know you want to.

Cheers, Hardmania
So, either play the game, or take the pledge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 4:46am   #26
Grailer
Banned

NH Mike
Old Nov 24, 2007, 5:39pm   #27
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
NH Mike
Ty sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote