THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 07, 2008, 3:35pm   #61
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
10-20 BI swings are so standard in Omaha AFAIK. When you 5-table in a game with sick variance like Omaha AND you make the most money when people get it in drawing to only a few outs, then it seems reasonable that this is going to happen sometimes. A couple of hands here are sick but big shit imo? Set over set in Omaha? Losing a couple of extra BB's when your overpair doesn't hold up? Gimme a break. Quads over quads is sick however and boating up vs a straight flush is also sick but the other ones seems pretty desperate. As much as we want our 90% equity spots to pay out in full 100% all the time, it doesn't work that way. Seems to me like you ran like god (omg no I didn't just say that) in the beginning and once the 1 and 2 outers caught up with you (BTW I saw a hand where your AA got cracked by AKKJ on a Jxx board and you chastised the guy for his "2 outer" king on the turn even tho he had more than 2 outs). Also whenever I've dropped in and watched you for a bit (a couple of times, maybe once or twice when you didn't know it), I've seen you with multiple buyins on multiple tables so obviously you are not losing all of your big pots.
LOL about that hand, yes, he had more than 2 outs. He had what, 4? Against which I have redraws - can't remember how many, but nonetheless, he put in like 70% of his stack preflop if I recall correctly, so I guess the mistake was preflop not flop. At the end of a session where I've tilted, even I can't read every out correctly fwiw. I probably only saw the KK not the jack (few people stack off with TP in omaha).

Nonetheless, you don't see this hand being posted as a two outer, right? Because I would realize it wasn't on second glance. But if I put a HH up here you can verify it for yourself.

BTW, suggesting I 'ran good' in the beginning because of how I'm running now is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Do you have even an elementary grasp of probability? You do realize that even if I lost 100 1 outers in a row, that this does not in any way suggest how many I've won before. Each outcome is an individual event.

As you should know as someone who has watched me play, I actually don't tilt over suckouts when I'm getting them myself. For instance, that one session you railed, I hit 1 draw myself (was a wrap vs a set) and lost to 2 big suckouts, although 1 was only for a split. I got a little razzled right after losing the two big hands on the same table since they were like 5 minutes apart, but after that I was good to go. I don't get mad when I get sucked out on in Omaha, I get mad when I go like 0 for 10 in 60/40 and 70/30 pots in a single session.

You are correct about two things: (1) I have indeed won more pots when they've been drawing to 1 out, than I have lost. In that sense, there is some 'balance'. But you need to remember, it's somewhere around 40 to 1 to hit a 1 outer, so for every time I'm losing a 1 outer, I'm 'supposed' to be winning 39 hands where they were drawing to a 1 outer, if we followed your causal universe of probability. That certainly HAS NOT happened. I'm pretty sure I haven't won over 100 all-ins where they were drawing to 1 out, or anywhere near that. I've not been playing Omaha long enough.

(2) You are probably right that 10-20 bi swings are standard in Omaha; although, that said, the manner in which they've occurred (quads/quads, boats/sf, multiple 1 outers) probably is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 07, 2008, 3:39pm   #62
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Ban yourself imo.
Old Jan 07, 2008, 8:33pm   #63
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

why do you even care about how you lose your 10-20 Bi ?
why it has to be standard or not ?
You really gotta start focusing on important things
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2008, 9:14pm   #64
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
why do you even care about how you lose your 10-20 Bi ?
why it has to be standard or not ?
You really gotta start focusing on important things
I don't care that much on the manner it's lost in (except whether it was because I played poorly, or whether it was bad luck), I was just re-iterating that even if the swing was 'standard', the hands weren't. I agree it's not a big issue, though, as you can tell by how much attention it got in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote