THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:14am   #1
AceSweaty
Grinder

AceSweaty is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Beat Vent

This is a little 'it could be worse' story for you guys. Thought we could get a worst bad beat of your life thread going. This one's kinda ten a penny but I'd love to hear worse to lighten my mood.

Earlier tonight I got invited to a game with some blokes living on my campus hall. I'd never met any of them before and fancied a break from revision. So we get down to a cash game and pretty soon I realise that this time I'm not the table fish.
There were 5 of us with 2 of them being reasonable players who'd cashed in the university society games before. Despite this I manage to donk off half my 50BB when a scare card comes on the turn with me completely convinced I'm beaten by the shove so early on. Turns out I wasn't. So with a few reads and a feel of lagginess I start tightening my game with my new £5 stack.

I pick up JJ in the SB and drive out one open limper with the button calling. The flop comes:

J 2 3 Rainbow

Foolishly I check, luckily get raised and make the re-raise which is called.
The turn brings an A. Here i pretty much shove against the table fish, hoping the nominal value of the £1.50 raise will keep him in and assuming that his 'oh crap' was hollyoaks (an english soap with stunning teens who can act as well as POTRIPPER can cheat) acting.
Of course the river brings a 5 and his insta call reveals J4.

So a little bit peeved off to say the least I decide to cut my losses and agree to deal what turned out to be the worst and most foldtastic string of hands I've seen in a long time. Eventually I deal the guy next to me the top pair or better (a nice set of 6's) that I promised him and take the long walk back to my side of the building with my tail between my legs.

At my door I reach into my pocket to realise I've lost my keys. So back down the corridor I go to see them hanging from a ceiling tile.

Expecting the worst I open my door to find:

[IMG][/IMG]

My housemates have turned absolutely everything upside down or back to front. Bookshelf, books, wardrobe, aftershave, dumbells (not quite so obviously bless em), posters and my beloved ipod speakers. Pretty funny but delivered with kick in the nads timing.The note I put through my neighbour's door commending him and his work I don't think i can post even on here.

So next time you guys get a bad beat, think 'at least I haven't been burgled'. If you do, post the pics and you can take my crown.

Guess this is kind of a life-beat story, so let's hear em!

EDIT: Complete re-write, this time finishing the post

Last edited by AceSweaty; Jan 11, 2008 at 1:50am.
AceSweaty est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:21am   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Tough break imo.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 2:07am   #3
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

lol I get that exact same beat continuously day in and day out, except I give it to myself.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:32am   #4
buhusa
Brunson

buhusa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to buhusa

i lol'd

nice picture
buhusa est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:56am   #5
wDawks
Brunson