THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:23am   #1
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default diary of the dead

just seen the trailer and thought it obv deserves its own thread.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MdqNr0gN4Y

(limited) release in the us of a is in february. no release date for germany yet

discuss

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:54pm   #2
Poke her blind ante
Banned

Poke her blind ante is on a distinguished road

Sweet
Poke her blind ante est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 4:31pm   #3
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

omg omg omg omg omg

It'll probably suck though.

Proof :

Old Jan 20, 2008, 4:36pm   #4
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of

I really haven't had much hope for Romero since his Day of the Dead script got hacked to pieces. I actually read the original script and it is epic, but the studio tore it down to a piece of shit.

I know there's an over-saturation of zombie flicks as of late, but most of these either suck (Land of the Dead, Resident Evil), or aren't really true to the zombie meme (Dawn of the Dead remake, 28 Days Later, even I Am Legend). I really still think there's room for an epic zombie trilogy, if written well, casted well, and supported with a big budget. But all these mediocre zombie projects make it far more unlikely that this will ever happen.

FWIW, I think I Am Legend should have been a trilogy as well. You really need some detailed context to get a feel for the situation in a way that is compelling.

Last edited by skeptix82; Jan 20, 2008 at 4:38pm.
skeptix82 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 4:42pm   #5
skeptix82
Making Monies

Yea, I just watched the trailer and the acting will suck hard. I know Romero generally uses unknowns, but in the beginning these unknowns were passable.

I couldn't tell from the trailer if these zombies are true to form. There looked to be scenes with slow-moving staggering zombies (one that looked cool, harping back to Night of the Living Dead), but I thought I caught glimpses of quick zombies as well.

And of course the trailer is corny as hell, which is always a bad sign. Why must the writers suck so hard?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:06pm   #6
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptix82 View Post
I really haven't had much hope for Romero since his Day of the Dead script got hacked to pieces. I actually read the original script and it is epic, but the studio tore it down to a piece of shit.
well land was produced by universal and diary is an independant movie (ive heard they had about 10mio budget) so i just hope he could actually do what he wanted to do with this movie.
and to be honest, i didnt think land was THAT bad (even though everybody else seems to think that). i mean the social commentary was way too blatant but yeah whatever...

Quote:
I couldn't tell from the trailer if these zombies are true to form. There looked to be scenes with slow-moving staggering zombies (one that looked cool, harping back to Night of the Living Dead), but I thought I caught glimpses of quick zombies as well.
i kinda doubt that. he's oldskool

Quote:
And of course the trailer is corny as hell, which is always a bad sign. Why must the writers suck so hard?
havent found a downloadable trailer yet. but keep in mind that this is going to be a mockumentary so of course it will look a lil bit...uhm fucked up.

edit:
oh and i just love the idea of having wes craven, quentin tarantino, stephen king, simon pegg (shaun of the dead), and guillermo del torro (mimic, hellboy, pans labyrinth) speak the radio newsreader

-forum spammer

Last edited by 2muchMONEY; Jan 20, 2008 at 6:10pm.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:20pm   #7
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16

How many zombie movies can this guy make, they all have been decent but come on!!! It would be like making Jason 1,2,3 etc. ohh wait nm they already did this. go ahead then.
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:29pm   #8
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebreaker16 View Post
How many zombie movies can this guy make, they all have been decent but come on!!! It would be like making Jason 1,2,3 etc. ohh wait nm they already did this. go ahead then.
oh come on. you can't compare these movies with an 80s teeny slasher film.

-forum spammer

Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:49pm   #9
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16

just talking about the same movie theme, zombie's and the end of the world...... same thing everytime, I like the movies but I hate the fct no suprise!! But this is why I like movies like Saw and the ending of Soprano's.
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote