THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:09pm   #41
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptix82 View Post
Agreeing with you feels dirty.
Imagine how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:26am   #42
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it always feels like this fix is in when it does happen...

Full Tilt Poker Game #5047354248: AWPT SESSION I EAST (35736075), Table 5 - 250/500 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:20:39 ET - 2008/01/29
Seat 2: sunnywood (2,132)
Seat 4: lipper2k5 (7,47
Seat 6: LaakDownGirl (4,440)
Seat 7: Fake McCoy (9,785)
Seat 8: DzzNatz (16,31
Seat 9: dewgills (4,370)
sunnywood antes 50
lipper2k5 antes 50
LaakDownGirl antes 50
Fake McCoy antes 50
DzzNatz antes 50
dewgills antes 50
Fake McCoy posts the small blind of 250
DzzNatz posts the big blind of 500
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Fake McCoy [8c 6c]
dewgills folds
sunnywood folds
lipper2k5 folds
LaakDownGirl folds
Fake McCoy calls 250
DzzNatz raises to 1,000
Fake McCoy calls 500
*** FLOP *** [6h 8s 5s]
Fake McCoy bets 500
DzzNatz raises to 3,800
Fake McCoy raises to 8,735, and is all in
DzzNatz has 15 seconds left to act
DzzNatz calls 4,935
Fake McCoy shows [8c 6c]
DzzNatz shows [Jc Ad]
*** TURN *** [6h 8s 5s] [As]
*** RIVER *** [6h 8s 5s As] [Jd]
Fake McCoy shows two pair, Eights and Sixes
DzzNatz shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
DzzNatz wins the pot (19,770) with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Fake McCoy: bs
Fake McCoy stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 19,770 | Rake 0
Board: [6h 8s 5s As Jd]
Seat 2: sunnywood folded before the Flop
Seat 4: lipper2k5 folded before the Flop
Seat 6: LaakDownGirl (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: Fake McCoy (small blind) showed [8c 6c] and lost with two pair, Eights and Sixes
Seat 8: DzzNatz (big blind) showed [Jc Ad] and won (19,770) with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 9: dewgills folded before the Flop
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:55am   #43
cocacoors
Doyle Look-alike

cocacoors is on a distinguished road

ok ok so i got caught trying to take my share of the blinds then i came across this flop i thought it was a good push.
then this happened.... i guess this is what i get for playing 10c5c

PokerStars Game #14924910172: Tournament #75632777, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2008/01/29 - 23:42:44 (ET)
Table '75632777 3' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: frozenVK (29705 in chips)
Seat 2: fodsquad (17495 in chips)
Seat 9: BossMain (20300 in chips)
frozenVK: posts the ante 50
fodsquad: posts the ante 50
BossMain: posts the ante 50
BossMain: posts small blind 300
frozenVK: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to fodsquad [5c Tc]
fodsquad: raises 1200 to 1800
BossMain: folds
frozenVK: raises 1200 to 3000
fodsquad: calls 1200
*** FLOP *** [Jc 9c 4c]
frozenVK: bets 5400
fodsquad: raises 9045 to 14445 and is all-in
frozenVK: calls 9045
*** TURN *** [Jc 9c 4c] [Jh]
*** RIVER *** [Jc 9c 4c Jh] [Ad]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
frozenVK: shows [As Ac] (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
fodsquad: shows [5c Tc] (a flush, Jack high)
frozenVK collected 35340 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 35340 | Rake 0
Board [Jc 9c 4c Jh Ad]
Seat 1: frozenVK (big blind) showed [As Ac] and won (35340) with a full house, Aces full of Jacks
Seat 2: fodsquad (button) showed [5c Tc] and lost with a flush, Jack high
Seat 9: BossMain (small blind) folded before Flop
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:28am   #44
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Wow, shitty beats :/
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:39am   #45
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

No bad beat to post myself, just an observation.

I side with Skeptix and others who argue that whilst from a probability point of view losing to a two-outer is same wherever/whenever, the context is vital.

So as well as the $ at stake, I also think is the ranking of the hands involved is important. I would argue strongly that a bad beat losing to quads over nut-boat or to straight flush over quads is more likely to affect the mind than, say, AA losing to 22 who rivers his set. You know that Aces alone are going to get beaten regularly enough, but you also know that top boat or quads should go down rarely.

The probability of holding any given made hand might thus be factored by the probability of the bad beat card landing to make one worse than the other.
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:01am   #46
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Just for the record I wasn't disagreeing about losing to a 1-outer in a tournament can be worse than losing a 1-outer in cash .. sure it can be worse because of the nature of tournaments.

I was disagreeing that losing a 1-outer hurts more at higher stakes than lower stakes - it depends on the person not the money. Saying that losing $4000 is far worse than losing $40 in a general poker sense (I'm still talking cash games here) is stupid.

If I bet 5k at the horse track and lose it will probably be worse than if I bet 50 dollars and lose. But in poker you have a bankroll and you play at certain stakes. So losing 1000 dollars at NL5000 should be just as standard as losing 10 dollars at NL50.

So in the end it all comes down to the person taking the beat - do you know how much it hurts? Probably not. You can comment and state the facts about the beat but you cannot feel the same about it as the person who took the beat.

And I know that all those how made rude comments about my last post just want to think that they are so much freaking better than me because they play higher stakes games -- well wooo hoo you probably are, and I know you are - so stop stating the obvious and move on.

Still in theory a beat the makes you lose 1% of your bankroll should makes you feel X * ouch no matter what stakes you play. I know this doesn't go in the real world but who are you to judge how bad a beat feels?
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:33am   #47
Poke her blind ante
Banned

Poke her blind ante is on a distinguished road

Personally I think bad beats at higher stakes are less painful. By the time you reach $400NL+ you should have learn't to accept this as part of the game. I mean come on, by the time you hit $400NL you will have experienced just about every variation of bad beat out there a million times over. It's the same as a boxer complaining about getting punched.

I think tournament beats are more heart crushing. Cash games you lose a buy in maybe 2 at most and you can make it back. But if you play 5 hours of tournament poker only to finish 9th for $20 thanks to a suckout and it's $1000 for first it's gotta hurt. There's more emotion in tournament poker than there ever is in cash game poker.
Poke her blind ante est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:18pm   #48
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinero View Post
Still in theory a beat the makes you lose 1% of your bankroll should makes you feel X * ouch no matter what stakes you play. I know this doesn't go in the real world but who are you to judge how bad a beat feels?
My beats always seem to cause me to lose 100% of my bankroll. That hurts extra...;)

I thought "judging bad beats" is what the discussion became? We certainly can entertain the idea of how bad a beat feels for any given level. Now I have never had the opporunity to take a beat at a level like NL1000 but I would venture a guess that the lump in my throat would throb a bit harder than the same beat at NL10.

When the p-tippers play the penny games we laugh and joke and make stupid bets for fun. When you get a bad beat it is laughed off. Why? Most likely because we are playing for pennies, yet that same beat at NL25 drives us insane. Your reaction is directly affected by the level.

I agree with Moli that if some kid who only has a few bucks on a site takes the same beat at the pennies then he is bumming. Perhaps it is all relative to your disposable income. I do however think that the level must play a part to some degree, even if you have plenty of money to spare.

And what about those low levels where you know they are donk-fests and the bad play is sure to result in your fair share of frustrating outcomes. You can almost accept it better than when you are in a situation trying to play your best against those you consider quality players. You aren't losing to some donk getting lucky by playing every hand, rather have calculated and made a great move, only to get runner/runner crushed. That is a fundamental difference.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:30am   #49
Stepi
pro trapper

Stepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond repute

Cant win vs runnin hotter then the sun

Full Tilt Poker Game #5196186597: Satellite to FTOPS Event #8 (39442070), Table 6 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:23:36 ET - 2008/02/10
Seat 1: BoloneySandwich (3,220)
Seat 3: NTBR (3,590)
Seat 4: stepi80 (5,600)
Seat 5: SwoopAE (3,945)
Seat 6: TrustMEclikFOLD (2,590)
TrustMEclikFOLD posts the small blind of 80
BoloneySandwich posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to stepi80 [ ]
NTBR folds
stepi80 raises to 420
SwoopAE has 15 seconds left to act
SwoopAE raises to 3,945, and is all in
TrustMEclikFOLD folds
BoloneySandwich folds
stepi80 calls 3,525
SwoopAE shows [ ]
stepi80 shows [ ]

*** FLOP *** [ ]
*** TURN *** []
*** RIVER *** []
SwoopAE shows three of a kind, Fives
stepi80 shows a pair of Kings
SwoopAE wins the pot (8,130) with three of a kind, Fives

Hand too strong to r/f, too weak to r/c, too strong to open-fold since pushing is massively +EV, so, by process of elimination, we arrive at my favorite play

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Stepi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:33am   #50
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Yeah, I do enjoy being a luckbox. With it being you and all in a sat, i figure you only call me with JJ+/AK and it's free chips for me otherwise, I think with my stack size in relation to yours that moving in here makes more sense than anything else.

So in conclusion, yes, I enjoy being a luckbox. Suck out on me in the actual FTOPS 8 event and we'll be even ;)

In my defense I was 0 for 2 in flips and got sucked out on for half my stack before this in the sat. It doesn't make me any less of a luckbox though.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 10, 2008 at 10:37am.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote